Are the generic batteries for sale on ebay any good? It's for the BB 9500, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3

Generic Battery

Advertisement

Are the generic batteries for sale on ebay any good? It's for the BB 9500, but it lists it being compatible for the 8900. I want to pick one up as a backup.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I've been eyeing that Seido extended 1600mah personally...especially with my 8900 still having battery life issues. :-/
    ~via smartphone~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Are the generic batteries for sale on ebay any good? It's for the BB 9500, but it lists it being compatible for the 8900. I want to pick one up as a backup.
    In general it's not a good idea to use anything other than a BlackBerry brand battery. Made of lithium - ion, these batteries are quite volatile. In addition when one takes into account the amount of money spent for a new BlackBerry, plus the time invested to set it up to your satisfaction, it's simply not worth the risk just to save a few dollars. Also you are voiding the warranty if a 3rd party battery is used. Therefore my choice is to use only BlackBerry brand batteries.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    In general it's not a good idea to use anything other than a BlackBerry brand battery. Made of lithium - ion, these batteries are quite volatile. In addition when one takes into account the amount of money spent for a new BlackBerry, plus the time invested to set it up to your satisfaction, it's simply not worth the risk just to save a few dollars. Also you are voiding the warranty if a 3rd party battery is used. Therefore my choice is to use only BlackBerry brand batteries.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~
    i agree with archer. use only oem. they can be found on ebay. just make sure you check out the sellers reputation.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would have to agree with the previous posts. You may save a few bucks now and never have a problem. However if you do the cost of a new device will be a lot higher than what it would have cost to get a battery that is made for your device.~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    INdeed, plus Cat had found a link for OEM batterys for what was it again ? 14$ ? Not worth buying knockoffs

Xader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASK!
    So no extended batteries?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    What about using the Sedio extended batteries?
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Great advice. I had no idea it would void the warranty.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Despite all the mentioned facts, my battery life is STILL terrible. I can barely go 3/4 day before she's blinkin red. That's with charging her every night. We need os updates or something for the love of...Batman!
    ~via smartphone~