So I purchased an 8GB card for $43 yesterday, came home and loaded my music ... BlackBerry Curve forum

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3

FYI: 8gb Card Slows Down Processor

Advertisement

So I purchased an 8GB card for $43 yesterday, came home and loaded my music and photos to about 2GB. Then I tried accessing my MP3s but the file scanning process was super slow and after an hour the scanning was still not done.

Due to the slow scanning, the processor even slowed down the other applications. Is there a way I can increase the scanning speed. I've already tried reformatting and doing a battery pull but nothing works.

04Taco no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you try and format the card first using the BlackBerry? Sometimes, if it was formatted through Windows or anything else, you may have problems with the BB recognizing the card.

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    First, that's pretty pricey nowadays for an 8 gb card. Second, there are different 'class' sd cards available (class2, class4 and class6). Each class performing approx. at the number on the card per second.
    ie: class2 = 2mb/s
    class4 = 4mb/s

It sounds like you may have a lower class sd card. But over an hour still seems too long for any card.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Sounds like your device is the issue or the card. I have an 8GB card with several movies and a whole lot of songs, running 4.5. When I was 4.3, it was a big sluggish each time I loaded my songs or movies.
    Now, with 4.5 installed, it does take about 30sec to a minute for the initial scan but after that, immediately loads.
    ~via BB8330 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I tried this method right after this post and it is woking better now. The loading time is about 30 sec to a min.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Taco View Post
    Did you try and format the card first using the BlackBerry? Sometimes, if it was formatted through Windows or anything else, you may have problems with the BB recognizing the card.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    Wow, after reading this thread i went to circuit city just to browse the micro sd cards. lo and behold, they had a sale for an 8gig'r for 59.99 (139.99 regular price). I jumped right on it. I dont know what class i have nor do i care but there is no difference on performance on my phone...

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    $30 8gb sandisk micro sdhc cards are easy to come by. Anyway. My 8330 has no loading time for the music and such it seems. Fractions of a second. I got a fast card. Only have 4gb loaded though.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

metro7100 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dont know if this will help but I just got an 8gb card for $19.99 plus $4.99 shipping on Ebay. I looked and it doesn't say what speed it is. There are several on there at different prices, I had to shop for a while and stumbled across this one.

Mind says Transfer Speed class 4, if that means anything.