HI All, I took the unlimited data with TELUS to receive unlimited mail with attachements, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MissPomme no está en línea Stack level 1

Ftp Client For Blackberry

Advertisement

HI All,

I took the unlimited data with TELUS to receive unlimited mail with attachements, only I found out that Blackberry SERVER has a limit of 3mb limit for all attachment.
    So sad...
    I needed that to view files (mostly PDF and JPG) that I need to validate when I am out of the office. The main reason why I got my BB but the salesman did not tell m about this data limit... anyway since I have a 3 year contract I needed a new solution:

FTP Client for my BB.

I looked for a FTP client for my Blackberry and tried, Rove (idokorro) ROVE Mobile File Manager (discontinued Since sptember16) and Efile Pro from DynoPlex (. Both of them did not work for me. For both applications, connections failed and navigations were not intuitive. Anybody tried it out? I am now trying out Pader-Sync and it seems to work more than the others. Navigation is incradibly easy. We can select multiple files to upload and download. It is not only for FTP but SFTP, WebDAV or SMB file services from your Mobile as if it were a Notebook or Desktop-PC.

Before I buy the software from them I would like to have more feedback about what you have experienced. I searched Google and found little on Blackberry FTP Client.

I believe in helping to promote the best and even if it is not perfect yet soon it might be if they have support. I just want to know if you know any other ones that are better.

I can't believe how much time I spend to find a solution to my problem wich is viewing files of bigger than 3 mg when out of office. I have my own server and will not pay for services like box.net.
    I any of you have one, thank you.

MissPomme

SeanBox no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is Sean over at Box.net. It sounds like you can use Box, including our free plan, to do what you described on your BlackBerry. If you need any more info, feel free to reach out to us directly. Give us a call at 877-BOX-6736 - we'd love to help you out.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Check and see if the midp people made an ftp program. They made an ssh program so I would imagine that there has to be an ftp program out there somewhere.

sickchilly no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20CFA98A
    You can also check out BeFTP by beiks.com. Works fine for my meager needs.

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I didn't care for BeFTP with the pay us or loose your settings functionality. I gues everyone needs money, but come on. They said license it if you use it for corporate purposes.

MissPomme no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Excellent Blackberry FTP Client

Hi all,

Thank you for your replies.
    I did try BeFTP but it did not work for me. It froze on my curve.
    Box.net does not suit my need, I already have a server with spaces I can use.
    Since I wrote the first post I have contacted Thorsten Schemm, the director of Pader-Sync Limited & Co.

PaderSyncFM update to version 1.1.5 and it works amazingly, I have transfert file bigger than 5 mo smoothly. Very stable. Navigation is nice too even if we can not always use the trackball.

Most amazing is that if you only need FTP for you blackberry it is FREE: PaderSyncFTP 1.0.

Happy bb user here.

jmowens no está en línea Stack level 1
    Has anyone gotten the SMB client portion to work? I have tried repeatedly, and keep getting "timed out" error messages -- of course I have no idea what I'm doing...

I guess I should explain more. I'm trying to connect through the WiFi portion on my local network at home. I was really hopeful, especially since the people at Rove said I couldn't do it with their application...
    Last edited by jmowens; 10-24-2008 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Needed to be more specific...

overclucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    ftp isn't the only solution, instead of ftp you can use http, and just access it from your prefered browser.

overclucker no está en línea Stack level 1
    i would also note that opera mini has the option to save when you select a file, and can handle requests for larger files; larger on a bb scale at least.

SandMan27 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, everyone. I'm new to this site and I don't know how it works. I want know how to download themes for my 8330 curve. Thank you!!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

kolev no está en línea Developer

BeFTP 2 released

Multiple new features including file upload, folder download, built-in text viewer, Storm support, WiFi support and more.

As for the "pay or lose your settings" policy...well...perhaps $10 are too much for you, but where I stand they are far from sufficient to pay the bill.

Give me a good reason why it should be made totally free and I will consider it.