Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by RoGro Here ya go: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=197 Thank you berry, berry much and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post

Thank you berry, berry much and I will give it a try once I get off of work today!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    any luck?

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by dlsolo View Post
    any luck?

I am still at work waiting to get off in 2 minutes, then headed home to try this. Will let everyone know later tonite!

Thank you!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I have wiped the device with JL_Cmder! After wiping the device, I reloaded the OS through the DM & the back up file and all my info that was in my Ascendo Data Vault is missing even the app; none of the third party apps are there anymore.... What happened when I reloaded the "backup". I thought the back up was for this reason?? That's why I back my device up every week....

Can anyone help me with this issue? I had allot of info in my Ascendo DataVault application... Very important info for accounts for clients and myself...

Help PLEASE??

Thank you to all for your assistance.....

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I don't think when you back up your BB, it backs up your 3rd party software. Someone chime in if I'm wrong, please. The DM just backs up the vital info, not the programs. The only time I've seen the programs get backed up is when you upgrade OS software on your BB.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    3rd party apps aren't part of the "backup" process. From what I see, this wasn't an upgrade once the BB was wiped with jl.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I don't think when you back up your BB, it backs up your 3rd party software. Someone chime in if I'm wrong, please. The DM just backs up the vital info, not the programs. The only time I've seen the programs get backed up is when you upgrade OS software on your BB.

I just figured it out... I reinstalled the 3rd party app (Ascendo DataVault) and then went into DM and went to Advance. I checked out the back that I had done and all the information (Ascendo DataVault) database was there. I reloaded the backup and there was all my client/ personal information back in the application successfully.

Thank you to all for your advice and expertiece..

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    You're correct. If you wipe the device for whatever reason you cannot restore 3rd party apps. It's kind of a pain having to go out there and refind them all but at least your able to restore basically everything else.
    :)

Ascendo no está en línea Developer
    Hi,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, data for 3rd party apps can be backed up and restored using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager > Backup & Restore > Advanced and then selecting the files from the list. There is a file called RMS Databases where some application data may be stored. In the case of applications like Ascendo Money and Ascendo DataVault, we implement separate files that give you greater control over backing up, restoring and clearing application data.

We also recommend syncing with desktop versions of our applications and backing up to your PC for added protection.

Best,
    Marc
    Ascendo Inc.

chusteveb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Did wiping and reinstalling with the jl comdr work out? Any more power cycles or rebooting?

chusteveb no está en línea Stack level 1
    i'm still having issues with my bb rebooting on the 4.5os!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chusteveb View Post
    i'm still having issues with my bb rebooting on the 4.5os!
    chusteveb,

How long ago did you do your upgrade? Did you do the upgrade with a media card in the device? If so, you'll want to check out this thread.

Cheers,
    Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12