Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I really wish RIM would implement this. I've researched it and this feature has been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Lightbulb Frustrated: Curve needs to have a COMPOSE SMS SHORTCUT!

Advertisement

I really wish RIM would implement this. I've researched it and this feature has been repeatedly requested- dating back to 2006!

In the messages - There is the standard keyboard shortcut C allowing you to jump into a compose for a new email message.

Where is the keyboard shortcut allowing you to jump to the compose screen for SMS texting? It could convieniently be M or X, honestly I do not care- I just need it. The trackball has been becoming more of an inconvenience since I am a fast paced person, constantly multitasking between my full-time academic career, professional career, and sleep depriving social life.

I love my blackberry to death- could never make it to classes on time without it, and heck I probably wouldn't ever pick up my dry cleaning for work if it didn't "GONG!" and say to do it.

**I believe there is a place on the site that some RIM associates visit regularly that is dedicated to this type of request, but to be honest, I just recently learned there were individual forums by Carrier LOL- so my apologies to the admins; Please move my post if necessary, it'd be greatly appreciated (both, the feature implementation, and the moving of my post)

THANK YOU!

jakesmobile no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Frustrated: Curve needs to have a COMPOSE SMS SHORTCUT!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~make it one of your quick keys, instead of the camera make it sms, that's what I did

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by jakesmobile View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~make it one of your quick keys, instead of the camera make it sms, that's what I did
    The Compose icon has flaws. It only does the last thing you've done with that contact. Which can make it more of a hassle than it's worth.

Besides, I have more important things on my quick keys... I can't be without voicedial, and google maps on my other...

Thank you for the suggestion though.
    --
    Walt

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yeah... i agree here - i've been hopeful of something like this since I moved to BBerry's.... maybe once day (4.5 perhaps)

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    AskMe

well isnt there a Compose SMS icon for u ? i have it and it takes me to my contact list and then thats it.
    im on the rogers software for the 8310 (had it on the rogers 8300 too) 4.2.2

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

compose is the closest thing your going to get. Unless you email and text that contact it shouldn't switch off of the last thing you did.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Have you sms and email folders seperate. Then just go into the sms folder and click on the date bar. THATS IT. Choose your recipiant. Type your message. click the menu button ..... click send....

NO TRACK BALL REQUIRED

bigsho no está en línea Stack level 2

easiest way for me is to start typing the recipients name from the homescreen once their name shows, i hit the menu key, then choose the "SMS TEXT (INSERT PHONE BOOK NAME HERE)" then type the message and hit send. Takes all of 2 seconds to get a text going.

PIN/ID

Thumbs down Re: Frustrated: Curve needs to have a COMPOSE SMS SHORTCUT!

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    well isnt there a Compose SMS icon for u ? i have it and it takes me to my contact list and then thats it.
    im on the rogers software for the 8310 (had it on the rogers 8300 too) 4.2.2
    Thank you for your suggestion; but as I mentioned two posts up, the compose icon has flaws.

There are instances that it will call people when you press enter on their name when it shows the contact list, then other times it will load a new email. It's way more hassle then it's worth having.
    --
    Walt

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by ak602 View Post
    Have you sms and email folders seperate. Then just go into the sms folder and click on the date bar. THATS IT. Choose your recipiant. Type your message. click the menu button ..... click send....

NO TRACK BALL REQUIRED
    Also; thanks for the suggestion, but seriously that isn't a method that is satisfactory for someone with an email address with their professional organization, a student email address through their school that instructors and the administrative staff communicate to you through, and a personal email for your social life.

That's three email addresses, and then an SMS inbox to have to keep track of. It's necessary to have everything in one combined box.

All I'm trying to say is that the Blackberry is portrayed as being the best PDA for the on-the-go person. If RIM is going to have a c shortcut when you're in the message's screen- it would be practical to have another to create an sms. Why only have one?

- Thanks again
    Last edited by PacificDude8; 01-28-2008 at 04:42 AM. Reason: Amended statement.
    --
    Walt

PIN/ID

Thumbs up Re: Frustrated: Curve needs to have a COMPOSE SMS SHORTCUT!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsho View Post
    easiest way for me is to start typing the recipients name from the homescreen once their name shows, i hit the menu key, then choose the "SMS TEXT (INSERT PHONE BOOK NAME HERE)" then type the message and hit send. Takes all of 2 seconds to get a text going.

Bigsho: I have by far found your suggestion the most useful toward the concept I am pushing.

I found that after you type the name and then bring up the menu and press s it will select SMS. I'll keep that in mind to try that when I need to get a message out quickly. I hadn't bumped into that before.

Because I spend most of my time in the message inbox going through the multitude of msg's I get daily; it doesn't fit my need.

While reading a message, I usually find that I need to text someone else in a hurry to either delegate a task, or maybe the message reminds me to follow up with one of my subordinates on the project- I am certainly not going to forward the message my assistant sent to remind me (etc); so it would be convenient to hit the x or m and have the ability to choose/type a name and bang out an SMS to someone else, and once sent have the screen go back to the message I left off reading.

I think maybe my trouble is that my company doesn't utilize BES, and emails aren't relayed nearly as fast as an SMS text to someone, when you expect/it's crucial to get an immediate response.
    --
    Walt

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    compose is the closest thing your going to get. Unless you email and text that contact it shouldn't switch off of the last thing you did.

I usually only call or text someone. Mine will call the person a lot of times, when I really just need to text them. Does your's call also? If not which OS are you using, and is it one that I can use with the 8320/wifi ? If it only flipped between email/text that would help out a lot, although I would still find what I am requesting helpful.

THANKS!
    --
    Walt

driggers no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2456561E

Quote Originally Posted by ak602 View Post

NO TRACK BALL REQUIRED
    This is similar to the method I use and think it's the easiest. In SMS, just hit T, Enter. Boom..new SMS text compose opens.

Having SMS and e-mail separate will leave you with only 2 separate boxes. You can still see all your e-mails in one central location "Messages" (which it seems like is what you want to do). You'll still have your individual e-mail icons but you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

umaiirchaudhry no está en línea Stack level 1
    hey guys ! i knw this post is v old but stil came up on google while i was luking out for a solution for the same problem n then i got its solution frm sm where else
    therez an app for it called QSMS it enables you to use Q key as ur sms shortcut from homescreen.. it realy rox.. helpd me out alot

you can jus download the QSMS OTA directly on ur bb from

mobile.blackberrytrade.com

or just google Qsms...
    hopr it helps

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hereis the OTA link for QSMS
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast