Hey guys, I have a blackberry 8900 which is acting strangely. I haven't had the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dentino3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Frozen phone on boot

Advertisement

Hey guys, I have a blackberry 8900 which is acting strangely. I haven't had the phone long and this morning when I went to use the phone, it woild not respond to any keyboard or trackball commands. It also will boot sometimes and at times it will hang up during the process. The only thing I can think of as a cause is that last night, I had a prolonged call while sweating profusely during a humid central Illinois evening. When I do get to the opening screen I cannot unlock the phone. The phone will not respond to any keyboard or tackball commands. I realize that getting any cell phone wet turns it to toast, but is there any suggestion you can make to see if this can be revived?

Thanks!

Hey, more info on my problem. I changed batteries and found the following:

When battery is installed, the red status light in upper right corner comes on for approximately 5 sec.
    After this the "wait" icon comes on for about 2 minutes with a white screen background.
    Next the home screen comes up and shows a short status bar which states"verifying security software".
    The home screen shows the "locked" icon in the lower right corner.
    After several seconds the screen fades to black.
    If I roll the trackball without the Charger being plugged into the phone, nothing happens, screen is black.
    No buttons do anything at this point

This changes when I plug in the battery charger
    The screen shows a fully charged battery icon.
    When I plug in the charger, my large analog clock comes up.
    At this point if I roll the trackball, my home screen returns and asks if I want to unlock the phone.
    Neither clicking the trackball, pushing on the keyboard or pushing another button has any effect.
    The phone will ring when called by another phone, however I cannot answer the call.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Did you try to push the * and the send key to unlock it?

Sorry to be so dense, but which key is the "send" key? I set up the phone to lock automatically after a period of time and require a password to access it. This is the prompt which comes up when I roll up the trackball.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Let me try and Help, for what it's worth. If the keypad is locked you Will not be able to put in the password. So, two options: 1) do as pdxmats says. The * Key (A) and then the Green dial Key (another Way of describing the Send Key)
    2) On the 8900 the top left (very top / opposite side of the mute Key) also locks or unlocks the keyboard.
    Try these and then put in your password.
    I hope it works.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry about being blind to the obvious. I tried these suggestions but I can still not enter my password to unlock the phone. Any other suggestions? It is starting to look like I will be in the market for a sweat-proof phone.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Or use a bluetooth headset.

You might want to try using BBSAK to wipe your device's OS and start from scratch. You can get BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) from www.rimgeeks.com.

You could also use jl_cmdr to do the same. You can find the download link and instructions in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.

paulpaul no está en línea Stack level 1
    My brothers did the same thing

KHBERRY no está en línea Stack level 1
    sir dentino3
    follow these instructions
    press alt+shift right+del to reboot
    when led is red press esc and still pressing until booting then enter code pin for sim when asked
    you will connect to to the network
    then reboot with alt+shift right+del without pressing key esc
    your terminal will be good