Whenever I check ALT+EACE to check my battery status, it always seems frozen to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adriii no está en línea Stack level 2

frozen battery status

Advertisement

Whenever I check ALT+EACE to check my battery status, it always seems frozen to the same percentage as I last checked it. The only way to fix this is a battery pull but I don't want to have to do a battery pull or reset my phone every time I want to check the status. Does anyone else have this problem and is there any permanent way of fixing it? I used to be able to check the status just fine.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: frozen battery status

Not really sure, what OS are you running? Which curve do you have?

If would be greatly appreciated if you filled out your profile, so we don't have the ask the basic questions. It helps us out tremendously on getting the correct help to you.

Oops sorry! I have the AT&T Curve 8300. I'm not sure of the OS though... I've been meaning to download the OS to get rid of unnecessary things but never got around to it. But my app version is 4.2.2.89 if that helps

PIN/ID
    STACK

Yeah that's the number i needed. that version is pretty old. You may want to think about updating.

This is the most current one: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...2_2_184_a.html

Here are directions if you need them: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

EDIT: also you don't need to do ALT+EACE, a faster way is HOLD ALT+CAPS+H. It'll save you a few keystrokes

Once I do that, will everything on my phone be erased? I'm scared of doing this because I'm afraid I'll mess up and ruin my phone!!!!

And the link up there says its for the Singapore one. Does that matter??
    Last edited by adriii; 02-16-2008 at 04:46 AM.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

What red linked you to will upgrade your BB to the latest OS. If you follow those threads
    they will show you how to backup your BB first using DM.
    First time is always a little scary, but once you get used to it you'll be fine

PIN/ID
    STACK

If you follow the directions in the second link all will be fine. Just make sure you BACKUP first and all will be fine. Also just be patient when you update your OS. Sometimes it looks like it's not doing anything and people unplug the device. DO NOT DO THAT. Just wait until it's done. It just takes a while to update.

The Singapore does not matter either, as long as you delete your vendor file. That step is also in the directions in the second link.

Okay thanks you guys for your help. I will report back tomorrow after I try this!! Cross your fingers!

Okay so I updated my OS this afternoon. Everything went smoothly. My app version is now 4.2.2.184. I haven't really noticed much of a difference but it makes me feel better knowing that I have the latest version. Thanks for all your help!! Are there any major changes I should be looking for btw?

oliboli no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm running the latest OS and I'm also having this problem. Wondering if anyone can please help me out.

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by oliboli View Post
    I'm running the latest OS and I'm also having this problem. Wondering if anyone can please help me out.
    If you read through this thread you should be good to go.

Especially post #4 on directions on what to do. Post back if you need more help