So I've done AmaZe and Nav4all. AmaZe was good, but now it cost. Nav4all isn't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Firalphiel no está en línea Stack level 1

Free turn by turn voice GPS for 8900?

Advertisement

So I've done AmaZe and Nav4all. AmaZe was good, but now it cost. Nav4all isn't all that great. Anyone know of a free GPS that is at least as decent as AmaZe, or maybe even a very low cost app? I've read people say MapQuest has one, but no one has commented on how well it works (looked it up too, $49.99 for the year), but you have to pay before you even try it. Don't really want to do that.

Thanks
    ~B
    with TMO

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Just so you won't think you're being ignored, I don't know of one with voice that doesn't cost. Most of the ones that you have to pay for to try have a trial period though, so you can be sure you get what you want before committing. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    You could try Life in Pocket, it's free, BUT it can be a bit confusing, as it tries to do TOO much and ends up having confusing interface, BUT it does offer free voice turn by turn GPS
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

nef584 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24127B3
    Try Telmap I downloaded 4.5 beta and they sent me a link for the official 5.0 version for free, just for signing up and trying the beta version. Works like a charm. Telmap.com

Good luck!!!

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2
    Telmap Beta is good and free. I would highly recommend it since it is a nice and polished app (version 5). Has good voice turn by turn directions with street names. Nice auto re-route if missed a turn or you are stubborn and think you know the way. I use it and am greatly satisfied.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I believe y'all are referring to Telmap Navigator @ telmapnavigator.com ??

sunsetsweete no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20FC7DBC
    I was looking into trying telmap, but on there website there is no where to download the program. How do I go about doing this?

MrDavv no está en línea Stack level 2
    check the following url.
    http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDavv View Post
    check the following url.
    http://global.telmap.com/tugpcbeta/
    Thanks for the information.....downloading now and checking it out...
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Let us know what you think, BW.

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Let us know what you think, BW.
    Still too early to form a buying decision if it comes to that but not too early to opine one's first impressions.....
    First Impressions of Telmap (Beta) 5.11.28
    Download went smoothly…some of the functions that typically work in the BB and other apps aren’t working yet like holding a character key down to capitalize or highlighting to cut, copy and paste, etc. No indication when maximum zoom has been reached. It provided an address for my location but it was off by a few numbers (it said 1918 N. Center instead of 1910 N. Center) and I am unable to modify this address to save in my places. When selecting this location…..you have 3 options to find nearby……ATM’s, gas or parking. I really need more than that…..restaurants, museums, hospital, police, etc. I would rather see the capability to type in the service I am looking for as in Google maps. Having said that….you do have the option to do an open search. There is a menu at the bottom of the screen that allows a search for a street, address, category, place or business in UT. I typed in restaurant and it said there were 200 POI’s available and I had to choose one. I would have preferred to see an ability to switch between the names of these 200 locations to visually looking at them on the map and allowing a name display when I hover over the pin or whatever would be used to indicate a restaurant. I selected a location and it prepared a route with an audible indication that this was happening…..no additional comment was added after the preparation…..I imagine that additional information would be forthcoming when driving but it would have been helpful to receive preliminary information…e.g. “Head North on N. Center St. to 2100 North then turn Left”. I have not had an opportunity to listen to turn by turn directions, recalculating, etc. and will do that shortly. I recognize that this app is a beta and is most likely far from polished and I’m excited about the possibility of a viable BB turn-by-turn app being available for a nominal charge (free for registering). It is obvious that a great deal of effort has gone into this Beta and am looking forward to using it on the road. Also, there are some FAQ’s and information on the web site including this link for the Telmap User Group Forum: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/module...iewforum&f=137

More later.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-23-2010 at 02:57 PM. Reason: font size
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT