Hey there, I've been trying to get free SSH application to run on the Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Free SSH On the Blackberry Curve 8300

Advertisement

Hey there,

I've been trying to get free SSH application to run on the Curve and haven't found any yet. My understanding is that there is only MidpSSH and some port of Putty SSH that could be working for it.

I know that MidpSSH works for the 8800, or at least it says so on their supported devices page. However, I wasn't able to get any of the versions to install correctly on my Curve.

I also wasn't able to find a Putty version that looked suitable for the 8300.

I'm starting to think I'll have to break down and buy Idokorro SSH. Has anyone found a free SSH application that works on the Blackberry 8300 Curve?

Thanks

dashnu no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Free SSH On the Blackberry Curve 8300

FWIW, idokorro ssh is well worth the cost... I was unable to use the others..

-b

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by dashnu
    FWIW, idokorro ssh is well worth the cost... I was unable to use the others..

-b
    Ya, I installed the demo. It is decent, there is some lag but I suppose that is to be expected.

I just have a hard time forking over $95 bones for a ssh client, no matter what platform. The only reason I think they can charge that much is because you have to be a serious IT professional to need mobile SSH access. Otherwise people would use it free on their laptop.

Also it also doesn't seem to have autocomplete, which I could really use. (esc or tab to autocomplete filenames typed on the command line) Does it?
    Last edited by jetsetter; 07-18-2007 at 06:25 PM.

dashnu no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter
    Ya, I installed the demo. It is decent, there is some lag but I suppose that is to be expected.

I just have a hard time forking over $95 bones for a ssh client, no matter what platform. The only reason I think they can charge that much is because you have to be a serious IT professional to need mobile SSH access. Otherwise people would use it free on their laptop.

Also it also doesn't seem to have autocomplete, which I could really use. (esc or tab to autocomplete filenames typed on the command line) Does it?
    My worked forked up the dough for me... As to your question, It can autocomplete. You need to disable local input so you are typing directly to the term then hitting the menu key select special key and select tab. Kinda a lot of work but for the most part it is still quicker then typing the commands. VI also works pretty good when you disable local input, however you will need to go back to the 'old-school' way of using the 'h j k l' keys for movment.. It support shortcuts so you could bind a key or something to TAB im sure.