For people like me that only have the data plan, and dont have the @home ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Free Skype calls with your 8320?

Advertisement

For people like me that only have the data plan, and dont have the @home service, would I be able to use a program that would enable me to make voice calls over my wifi or hotspots? Would skype work or a skype like program for the curve that would solely use wifi? I believe thats what I wanted to ask, hope someone understands
    Last edited by ocanyc; 09-23-2007 at 01:54 AM.

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Free Skype calls with your 8320?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there is a program the us in beta testing called iskoot. Just google the name and try. I use it. It does work well but it needs some more work. Check it out I am just calling my folks back home so I don't care about how well it works. Just as long as it works.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok so this is why you don't post drunk. The iskoot program uses an internet connection to access your Skype account. The Hotspot@home is a different system so comparing the two is difficult. Skype is a viop service where as h@h is not.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok so this is why you don't post drunk. The iskoot program uses an internet connection to access your Skype account. The Hotspot@home is a different system so comparing the two is difficult. Skype is a viop service where as h@h is not. You should be able to make calls through the WiFi network but you won't get the free calls.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

if your on t-mmobile you should be able to add the hotspot service only to a voice plan, what i would do though is log into mytmobile and see if it will let you add the service, i know skype works on the windows mobile devices that t-mobile carried that had wifi, so it should work for the curve as well...

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

What if you only have a data plan and no voice plan? Iskoot uses your voice plan. Most skype programs I've seen use some kind of callback system.

This one has data plan potential:
    http://iotum.com/index.php

And this one is, I believe, exactly what I'm looking for but they dont support Blackberrys. I emailed them and anyone else interested should as well. Looks like promising software:
    http://www.fring.com
    From the looks of their forums, maybe they dont answer threads cuz they dont like bb users? :x
    http://www.fring.com/forums/search.php?searchid=28371

But I believe thats it, unless anyone else knows of something.
    Last edited by ocanyc; 09-23-2007 at 03:48 AM.