hi all i'm not sure if this question was already asked, as i'm new here ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mavet no está en línea Stack level 1

Question free pdf reader or .zip extractor?

Advertisement

hi all

i'm not sure if this question was already asked, as i'm new here and haven't had the time, being a busy IT student, to check all of the forum posts, but does anyone know if there is a free, good pdf reader and .zip extractor for the Blackberry 8300 curve?

thanks guys

-A

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    as far as i have seen or heard there is no such thing as a FREE reader, extractor application for the curve/ blackberry.

rumor has it when the software is upgraded there will be a version of documents to go included. we have to wait and see.

if there are some really good apps that you can pay to get and are interested in them just ask that question and I am sure that there are a few stackers that would love to send you in the right direction.

regards
    cHAd

WELCOME TO PINSTACK
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

vod332 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AA5605
    Not sure what you are talking about...As long as you are using a BIS or BES account for email, it should allow you to open pdf files and should automatically unzip files for you...

trueblue02l no está en línea Stack level 2
    Pdf files should open up for you just fine. I have had problems getting the clarity correct sometimes, but you can buy beamberry if you are going to be using those files often.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hinky no está en línea Stack level 1
    There are unzip utilities that cost about $15-20 and will do other things for you.

Regarding PDF readers, there is no such thing other than the garbage that is referred to above. You can't read PDFs off your SD card either. Beamberry now costs $50 and doesn't read off your cards either from what I know. The only option is to buy some utility that can covert the PDF to images or another reader format. I'm seeking the same thing and the Blackberry is the poorest excuse for a "mobile office" at the moment unfortunately.

tdldoorman no está en línea Stack level 1
    hinky is there something better?

eleung321 no está en línea Stack level 3
    beamreader?