K, this is going to sound a little weird, but I'm asking anyway. While going ... BlackBerry Curve forum

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Found 8330

Advertisement

K, this is going to sound a little weird, but I'm asking anyway.

While going through my deceased uncle's stuff, we found a Curve 8330 with a Bell logo on it. No idea who the owner was, but my uncle was a bit of a hoarder and probably just found the phone somewhere. Could someone sign up with Bell and use this phone, or would Bell basically say that we stole it and not allow it to be reactivated?

Just curious. Trying to find out if the phone's worth anything or not. I charged it and it does work, and other than a few case scratches, it appears to be in good condition.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I don't see a prob. Bell can also check if register to uncle

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Tell them what has happened, and if its not stolen, then yes you can activate it. If it has been reported as satolen, you will need to give it back, or the original owner may have to release the PIN in order to activate it, providing you can come to some sort of an agreement. An 83xx is only worth $100 in good shape.

malejko no está en línea Stack level 2
    I know for a fact that it's not my uncle's. He never owned a cell phone. So if it has been reported as stolen or lost, will Bell still allow it?

The phone has its date still set at December 2008. I'm assuming it's been lost for about that long now.

"only $100" it's $75 per tonne at the dump to get rid of stuff. Every $100 helps right now.
    Last edited by malejko; 05-10-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: updated because of chokem's post.