Any idea?... BlackBerry Curve forum

yozpalang no está en línea Stack level 3

forgot password to my password keeper?

Advertisement

Any idea?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yes, you are out of luck....Really sorry!

EDIT:

It is one of the best security features, at least for the corporate world. If you accidentally lock your bb, and can not remember the password. Then you have to erase and reinstall the OS (including all your settings emails etc.)
    Last edited by chatster18; 05-16-2008 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Security
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

CrisG no está en línea Stack level 1
    There's no way to recover the original password, but I was able to create a new one. I think your BB will also delete the entries made under the forgotten password.

JodieE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can someone please help! I am using an 8820 and my desktop OS is 4.2.2.12, downloaded in March 2008.

I have had 7/10 incorrect attempts to unlock my password keeper. What happens when I get to 10?!!! The thing is that it can only be one of 3 passwords but none are working, I've checked the caps etc but no luck. I don't mind if I have to delete all the passwords but does reloading the OS delete everything on my BB?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by JodieE View Post
    Can someone please help! I am using an 8820 and my desktop OS is 4.2.2.12, downloaded in March 2008.

I have had 7/10 incorrect attempts to unlock my password keeper. What happens when I get to 10?!!! The thing is that it can only be one of 3 passwords but none are working, I've checked the caps etc but no luck. I don't mind if I have to delete all the passwords but does reloading the OS delete everything on my BB?
    No, it will just delete your password keeper entries.......everything else will remain unchanged.

Even if you forgot the password for the bb itself, it would not erase the OS, just your data like address book, messages, memos and all other sensitive info, but the OS doesn't get erased.

JodieE no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks azstar that's great news. Do you know, will I be able to use the password keeper again but set it up from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by JodieE View Post
    Thanks azstar that's great news. Do you know, will I be able to use the password keeper again but set it up from scratch?
    You will definitely be able to use it again and yupp, you are just starting over with a clean slate.

rich00o no está en línea Stack level 1
    here's a thought... just a thought alright.. im not an expert so dont burn me if im wrong...
    what if i've been backing up my blackberry.. then all of a sudden i use up the 10 attempts... so that means the blackberry will delete itself... but then can't i just restore it with the back up?

You can, but it will still ask for your old password, so unless you can remember the password, the backup will not be much help unfortunately.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

dodgydaveace no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have now tried 9 times to guess my password i have tried everything it could possibly be it suddenly went wrong wen i installed the user disc and connected it up to my laptop i dont mind losing wats on there as it was just phone numbers on my sim card but how do i reset it please?

rich00o no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    You can, but it will still ask for your old password, so unless you can remember the password, the backup will not be much help unfortunately.
    well it kinda helps... so if i used, for example 7 tries out of 10... i'll still have 3 more chances left to figure out the password... but if i still havent figured it out after the 3 last chances... i'll just restore the blackberry and we'll get another 3 chances left.. unless you restore to a point where you would have all 10 chances to guess the password.. right?

Thankfully I've never been in a position to need a backup after a wipe due to forgotten password. I'm not sure about wether or not you need the password to restore a backup on a password protected device....hopefully someone who has has had the exact experience or one of the device experts can jump in with a more conclusive answer for you.....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4