Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~ Forgot to mention that I had to delete MaxMem and reload 4.5 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Forgot to mention that I had to delete MaxMem and reload 4.5 yesterday because I removed the Voice Activated Dialing feature and it removed my access to the About screen that lists the OS.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

Have 4.5.0.52 on my TMo 8120 and only 2 issues: 1) BlackBerry Messenger sorting all my contacts into a group called Pending PIN Requests when I reboot or unlock my keypad; and 2) I had to reformat my 8 GB MicroSDHC media card, but I have the pics and music on my PC. Anybody know when it will be supported or what do I need to do to make my 8120 recognize it?
    Erica,

Can you not move the data from you p-c to media card with DM? I haven't tried it because, although I backed up my media card before upgrading, I didn't have any problems with 4.5 reconizing it. Also, I on DM 4.3 rather than 4.5 if that matters.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I completely forgot about that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Forgot to mention that I had to delete MaxMem and reload 4.5 yesterday because I removed the Voice Activated Dialing feature and it removed my access to the About screen that lists the OS.
    Erica,

Was you reload of 4.5 the reason all you BBM's got moved into pending? and did that get resolved? I haven't heard of a problem with it happening everytime you reboot. (Memory Cleaner resets to disabled every time I reboot but BBM doesn't change.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    i wanna do thi so bAD but nervous mad nervous im patiently waiting for tmobile to release it or for them to dorp the bold.

jrleny no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b40cdf
    Blackberry Messenger Contacts are reset on a device reboot is still a problem.

Help Me Pleeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    ive had this OS for less than 24 hrs. I dont see much of a difference. I only have 1 contact on my bb mssgr.. that didnt change. I got Docs to go (really the only reason why I did it) and HTML emails - those arent that great. Since I have the 8330 I already had video capabilities/YouTube capabilities. I like some of the new themes for the 4.5 BUT I dont like how the home Icons are not customizable..that bites

Quote Originally Posted by jrleny View Post
    Blackberry Messenger Contacts are reset on a device reboot is still a problem.

Help Me Pleeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeeeee.
    This is the problem I'm having. No solution yet and I'm not downgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbbanga4l View Post
    i wanna do thi so bAD but nervous mad nervous im patiently waiting for tmobile to release it or for them to dorp the bold.
    bcbbanga,

If you want to try it get the OS from here and carefully follow the instructions here.

Sync and then backup your device using DM. I think you should be on at least DM 4.3. Then just take your time and be patient with the upgrade - if you don't have time to deal with it, maybe you should wait. The upgrade to the handheld, alone, can take 30-60 minutes or so and sometimes looks like nothing is happening - IT IS! If you have a question regarding the procedure post it and get an answer.

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Appreciate the update. Thanks!!!! I will wait for a 4.5 ver

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Here's what I did:
    - disabled HTML email
    - rebooted
    - downloaded BB Smart

In using it, it works fine on simple emails. It "hangs" (on the download window showing 0% and a cancel key) on emails like N Y Times and other email ads with images or whatever complicated stuff is included. I can press the trackball again (when it hangs) to get it and get rid of the window and get the basics of that email. You still have to request image load manually.

It's not a smooth operation like I would like. I'll probably delete it for now. I've written the BB Smart support to ask them if they're working on a version for 4.5. Will post back when I hear something.

Abercrombie no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me//
    4.5.0.51 is working flawless for me!!
    Sprint Curve red♥ & AT&T Bold
    Javelin/Curve 8900
    soon to be Mrs.George

twitter

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I have one question for anyone that is using OS 4.5.0.55 for the Curve 8310.
    I must be the only one that can not go to the "About" option. Is there anyone else that cannot access the 'About' option. Also, The memory drains quicker than the OS 4.5.0.37 that I was previously using a month ago. I have to do a soft reboot everyday to gain that memory back. Does anyone see that happening for them??
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Yep Happening To Me

jglee311 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    Has anyone heard of with 4.5.0.51 on a 8330, the data signal dropping in and out? I go from 1XEV to 1xev and loose my data capabilities???

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    BLU,

Did you mean .52? I wasn't aware of a .55. for the 8320. Not asking for anything other than verifying the versions
    jblackfish, I just checked blackberry universe for partners and .55 is available as beta for the 8320. Whether this has been officially released or leaked is another question.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast