Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

I've been running 4.5.77 for about 2weeks and at first it was making my phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

itsfun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3044661E

Advertisement

I've been running 4.5.77 for about 2weeks and at first it was making my phone lag but I restarted my phone and everything WORKS GREAT no complaints.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and don't seem to see and differences in e-mail other then the fact that I now can open .docx files. There is NO HTML support... I don't see any options for it either...

Any help/suggestions??

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDa600 View Post
    I upgraded to 4.5.0.77 and don't seem to see and differences in e-mail other then the fact that I now can open .docx files. There is NO HTML support... I don't see any options for it either...

Any help/suggestions??
    Mack,

Go on to your BIS site and resend service books. You should then see options in your Email Settings to Enable HTML.

Post back if you have further questions.

Roger

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Upgraded to .77 last night so far no issues except for not being able to send MMS. Seems faster and so far enjoyable.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you're having issues with the HTML email, keep in mind that the HTML email is only display for new emails. Old emails on your phone will not switch to HTML. Having problems, try the following:

Under your Options, go to Advanced Options, and then Service Books. Delete any Service Books associated with the email addresses in your BES/BIS account (don't worry, the old emails will remain, but will not render HTML emails). Login to your BES/BIS account and resend your service books after installing 4.5.x.x. Once you've done this step, go ahead and open the Messages icon, press the Blackberry button, and go to the Options menu. Under Email Settings, each of your email addresses will be listed and the Enable HTML Email should now be present. If it is no set to Yes, change it for each email address by selecting the email address and scroll to the next address. I'd save each one first before moving to another email address.

The HTML rendering will ONLY download pictures if they are embedded in the email. If the image is hosted on an external web server, scroll to the top of the email, press the Blackberry button and select the Get Images menu item. You will receive a warning. Just select Yes and you should start seeing the images. Hope this helps. I've helped people on AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and Altell enable the HTML email with the 4.5 builds. PM if you need further assistance.

mikel12323 no está en línea Stack level 1

HTML locked??

I am on TMO with 4.5.81. Curve 8320.

When I go to my email options, HTML is set to NO and there is a little icon next to it with a lock on it. I cannot toggle from YES to NO.

It is the same for both my TMO and BES account. I have sent service books and activations for both, battery pulled several times. No effect.

Has anyone encountered this or have a solution?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikel12323 View Post
    I am on TMO with 4.5.81. Curve 8320.

When I go to my email options, HTML is set to NO and there is a little icon next to it with a lock on it. I cannot toggle from YES to NO.

It is the same for both my TMO and BES account. I have sent service books and activations for both, battery pulled several times. No effect.

Has anyone encountered this or have a solution?

Mike
    If you're on BES then this is an IT Policy disabling the feature, set by your BES administrator. You'd need to discuss this with them to see if it's something they'll reset for you.

mikel12323 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks ROGRO.

That was exactly the problem and my BES guys fixed it. HTML is now working.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Although it has a few new visual upgrades, I do not see a big difference from my 4.2. In fact, I might actually like my 4.2 better. Since upgrading to 4.5, phone performance seems subpar. Constant rebooting and huge memory leak are my main gripes. I have already set my logs to automatically delete and enabled memory clean. If I wasn't too lazy to re-install 4.2, I would.

Mike, glad it worked out for you!

Justin, we probably already asked you this, but did you do the upgrade with a media card in your device?

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah, you helped me out in a different thread I started. I did the whole moving the files off the card, reformatting and then putting only the files with attributes. Still getting the reset. Especially after installing or removing a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHerrera View Post
    Yeah, you helped me out in a different thread I started. I did the whole moving the files off the card, reformatting and then putting only the files with attributes. Still getting the reset. Especially after installing or removing a theme.
    Hm. Makes me wonder if the themes aren't compatible with 4.5.

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    This is what bums me out the most is memory. When I first upgraded I had like 50mb of memory. Now I am down to 20mb's of memory. Yes I do battery pulls, I have all of the memory saving settings on my phone. I delete emails, text, call logs and whatever else there is. I haven't added any new apps and it is very frustrating, so where has all of my memory gone???

wrs11sanders no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2076324F

Smile

I up graded to 4.5 on 8700c on att. It seems to be working find. I backed up ever thing and then did a wipe. Had no problem with program. Thanks alot.

themasterusmc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24678aad
    well im haveing a prob loading it did everything deleted the vendor xlm and nothing think it may b that i dont have enuf memory
    just about ready 2 get a new ph
    (not a dam blackberry) lol ......u think if i wiped it would work ?????