Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just did it yesterday at the T-Mobile store. After using the Pearl for a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

For those considering upgrading to 8320

Advertisement

I just did it yesterday at the T-Mobile store. After using the Pearl for a year, I decided to get the Curve. I've used the curve for almost 24 hours and I thought I'd offer my impression.

To me, the upgrade was worth it. I've tried the wi-fi functionality, I noticed a huge speed increase using wi-fi over EDGE. I have a bluetooth stereo headset that works very well with the 8320 media player. It didn't work with the Pearl media player, although the phone functionality was there.

The extra screen size and qwerty keyboard is a huge plus. I have a GPS puck and did Google Maps using GPS, no problems and the larger screen helped alot there as well. The movies played better on the Curve. With the Pearl, there was a bit of a delay when I started playing the movie and when I wanted to stop. The curve stops playing the movie as soon as I click on the stop button.

The mp3 playlist is very iPod like... good touch.

Overall the unit is solid, has a well made feel to it, the keyboard buttons are firm and I have no regrets. The only trade off is the size of the Pearl, but the curve is still small enough to fit in a shirt pocket, even with the case, so it isn't a huge trade off.

Cheers

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: For those considering upgrading to 8320

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for the input, mines in the mail.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

Thanx..Us Pearl users sometimes sway towards the curve.Maybe...

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

Glad you're enjoying your new curve. For me, the pearl's size is what keeps me with . I'm looking forward to the pearl2!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The Juice no está en línea Stack level 3

That didn't sway me. I got the Pearl for it's small size, the keyboard being compressed & my GPS & google maps work great.

Good luck!
    Hit me on my BlackBerry-Rass Kass

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Thnx 4 your commentary- I've often been on the brink of swapping my Pearl for the Curve - especially now that it's out 4 TMobile. So your input was very helpful. I hope I can hold out til the Pear-2/Komet comes out !!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

How much did Tmob charge you for the Curve? Did you have to extend your contract? I too have an almost 1 year old Pearl and the Curve interests me quite a bit.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt
    How much did Tmob charge you for the Curve? Did you have to extend your contract? I too have an almost 1 year old Pearl and the Curve interests me quite a bit.
    It wasn't cheap since I was still in my contract. It cost $399.00. I didn't sign anything extending my contract, but I don't know if it was automatic or not... I'd have to verify that one.

It's subjective on whether the differences between the Pearl and Curve warrant the expense, all I can say in my case it was.

Cheers

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I like the pearl the price they asking for the curve is crazy....give them a couple of months and it will be cheaper...remember how much the pearl cost when it first hit??
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Vindicated no está en línea Stack level 3

^^^ Great point!
    ...God Bless...
    ~Vindicated (8100)~

25 Male, Tennessee

You're more than welcome to PIN me Anytime..24066C00

Yclif no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2051259D

thanx Krees. I also am movin' on up to the curve, for the exact reasons you listed. Here in Canada Rogers is only offering the 8310, but I'm planning on graping an unlocked 8320.

again, thanx for sharing.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by krees23
    It wasn't cheap since I was still in my contract. It cost $399.00. I didn't sign anything extending my contract, but I don't know if it was automatic or not... I'd have to verify that one.

It's subjective on whether the differences between the Pearl and Curve warrant the expense, all I can say in my case it was.

Cheers
    According to my.t-mobile.com the $399.99 price is with a 2 year extension.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

I too am sticking with my pearl. I am waiting for that elusive BB with video recording!!!!! Call me crazy, but I know its out there!

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

Ya waiting for the pearl 2 to come out. The curve is nice and not too bulky, but the size of the pearl and its looks, I love it.
    Go barca!

harm_dzines no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I went to my local TMO store today to get a feel for the new Curve, it looks great! The titanium look is sick! It felt great in my hand, was still able to easily slide in/out of pockets. So I am gonna order one tonight and will have em ship it to me. Quoted price $249 w/2 year extension. I figured what the hell, we aren't leaving TMO any time soon. We have been with TMO for around 6 years now, and are locked into a family plan we got 4 years ago that have is unlimited text-messaging to anyone for $9.99 for all 4 lines! We aint giving that up! :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast