I ordered my replacement faceplate from cnn.cn about a month ago. I just received it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chromedome no está en línea Stack level 2

for all those who need a new faceplate(titanium people)

Advertisement

I ordered my replacement faceplate from cnn.cn about a month ago. I just received it yesterday. I guess a month for shipping is standard time, so dont be too suprised. Anyways, they dont specifically list a titanium faceplate for the 8320, which supposedly is a darker titanium compared to the 8310 and 8300 by att. I installed the new faceplate, and there is no difference in color like previously stated in some other threads. I just thought I'd pass the info on to anyone who might need a replacement faceplate.

beja no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: for all those who need a new faceplate(titanium people)

Thanks for the tip!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

cnn.cn is a chinese company, and the parts ship from China, IIRC. So yes, a month for shipping is not unusual.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Thank You for the Tip!

~via True BlackBerry 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

are the faceplates for the 8320, 8310, and 8300 the same? button placement and all?

PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Yes.

8300:

8310:

8320:
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Thanks, good to know, I dont need one right now, but who knows?

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by LaTuFu View Post
    cnn.cn is a chinese company, and the parts ship from China, IIRC. So yes, a month for shipping is not unusual.

Well yes and no, the actual shipping time is a about a week to a week and a half, however cnn.cn normally takes a week or 2 before they ship the product.

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree with FroggyStyle. I'm usually buying stuff from China and at most takes 2-3 weeks tops.
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

MacFly69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    how simple is it to change the faceplate? is there a "how to" out there?

PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    There is a thread somewhere with pictures, but I couldn't find it right off the bat. I did find a pretty decent write up from a related thread:

Quote Originally Posted by jim_waschura View Post
    1. Power-down. Remove back cover. Take out battery. Memory modules can stay in.

2. Remove two torx screws. T5.

3. Remove name plate at bottom by space-bar. pry off with xacto knife and finger nails. Risk is blemishing edge of front cover.

4. Face downwards with speaker/camera at top

5. At about 9:30 is small latch holding left (from back) side in place. Use xacto knife to pull this away from latch and carefully pull top of left side away from case. Only pull out top about 1/4 inch. Sides do not need to be removed. Bottom (closest to you) stays attached.

6. Also pull-away right side (from back). There is no latch on this side. USB and earphone jacks appear to hold in place.

7. Turn over (face upwards)

8. Can begin to pry top (farthest from you) up away from rest of case. There are two prongs on each side attached to the top cover that extend downwards into the case. By pulling the sides away slightly, can push these prongs towards the center enough to unlatch them.

9. This allows cover to come off. Be careful. Can use prying implement, but risk is damage to cover.

10. This is the hard part - pry the damaged LCD screen off the front cover. This is glued-on really, really well - but it does come off. [Hint: For all this work, I suggest buying new front cover with LCD screen - Even change the color if you want. Probably not that much more expensive.]

11. Clean off remaining adhesive with alcohol. Let dry really, really well. Don't want moisture under the screen.

12. Apply new screen. Don't touch insides. Don't touch inside of LCD. Clean everything with canned air. Even Q-tips leave microfibers. (Ask me how I know?)

13. Reassemble in reverse order.

I'm sure this is the brute-force method and RIM has some much-better way to do this. But I did this and it did work fine.

With my regards,
    Jim Waschura

MacFly69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks! gotta do some shopping......

chromedome no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ya so the replacement faceplate that I bought looks great...the lens tho doesn't seem to be glued down so well, allowing dust to get in under the lens and onto the lcd. its also coming up a little around the corners. I emailed the owner of cnn.cn to see if there was anything we could do to resolve the issue. I'm still waiting to hear from him so ill keep you guys posted.