Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Yeah, would also love tutorial.... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sniper no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Yeah, would also love tutorial.

Saltzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244b783e
    Wow that looks great! And the red keypad looks gorgeous as well. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brandon250r no está en línea Stack level 1
    so i'm a copy cat

Last edited by brandon250r; 06-19-2008 at 11:25 PM.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    That's another god job brandon cool color did u use your original case or bought another one~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok wow! now i can't decide on flat black (murdered out) or flat white (born again )

seriously need a video for this! im gonna do it!! unlike most of you, i will NOT be purchasing a bold, so this will be perfect for me!!

x doubl3 a no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249FA6EC
    ok so as the reply's keep coming in.. i am actually going to accomplish a video for everyone to see on how to paint ur Blackberry! im going to have my buddy film it this weekend (hopefully) and im going to accomplish another Murdered out curve! or just repaint mine.. it dont matter ... IM ALL ABOUT helping out others with Custom tweeks! i enjoy it myself.. so fellow pinstackers please bare with me and i will try to accomplish this vid in the next couple of days..

i appreciate everyones feedback.. and didnt expect for this to be so big!!

MAD PROPS on the peeps pix on this thread of there painted curve! looks amazing!! good job!!

PIN ME IF YA NEED ANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!
    Rockin' a 9530 on VZW(OS 4.7.0.141), 8330 on VZW.
    [BEST OF BOTH WORLDS]

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by x doubl3 a View Post
    ok so as the reply's keep coming in.. i am actually going to accomplish a video for everyone to see on how to paint ur Blackberry! im going to have my buddy film it this weekend (hopefully) and im going to accomplish another Murdered out curve! or just repaint mine.. it dont matter ... IM ALL ABOUT helping out others with Custom tweeks! i enjoy it myself.. so fellow pinstackers please bare with me and i will try to accomplish this vid in the next couple of days..

i appreciate everyones feedback.. and didnt expect for this to be so big!!

MAD PROPS on the peeps pix on this thread of there painted curve! looks amazing!! good job!!

PIN ME IF YA NEED ANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!

YAY!!!!! Thanks in advance. I hope to make it work this time. I have one question though. Does the phone smell after the paint job? when I first painted mine; it had this paint smell which I did not like whatsoever.

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon250r View Post
    so i'm a copy cat

and in white

What kinda piant did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by focuztorch View Post
    That's another god job brandon cool color did u use your original case or bought another one~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    the black one was my original case and the white one was a case from cnn.cn The wife wants pink so that will be next

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ok wow! now i can't decide on flat black (murdered out) or flat white (born again )

seriously need a video for this! im gonna do it!! unlike most of you, i will NOT be purchasing a bold, so this will be perfect for me!!
    Its seriously so easy i know your probably scared to rip into your phone but in all honesty its super easy just take your time taking it apart there's a couple videos on google video showing the disassembly

Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    What kinda piant did you use?
    krylon fusion all the way!!!

i had played with doing it the other way....sanding, then spraying primer, paint, and clear coat but wasn't happy with the results at all, tried the fusion and holy cow so easy and amazing

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

i had played with doing it the other way....sanding, then spraying primer, paint, and clear coat but wasn't happy with the results at all, tried the fusion and holy cow so easy and amazing [/QUOTE]

What grade sandpaper you use?

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I have done glossy and flat black myself and am loving the flat black i just did to. i was worried that general rubbing of the curve in the holster would leave marks on the sides, but its been perfect now for a week so yippee!!

i added a black lens I got online to mine too, but have not been able to find the black keyboard that comes with the crimson 8310's. Anyone know where to get one?

PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    I have done glossy and flat black myself and am loving the flat black i just did to. i was worried that general rubbing of the curve in the holster would leave marks on the sides, but its been perfect now for a week so yippee!!

i added a black lens I got online to mine too, but have not been able to find the black keyboard that comes with the crimson 8310's. Anyone know where to get one?

Find someone with a Red Curve and trade them. That's how I got my black keys. lol

off the top of my head i dont remember the grit....the first grit was a low one to get the original clear coat and paint off, then i used a really fine grit to smooth it all out, that part was easy and i thought i'd be happy with the end results. Then once i painted and etc i just wasn't happy, i think with the primer, paint, and clear it made everything to thick i didn't like the way the pieces went back together.

It could have been the quality of paint i used and clear coat. It never seemed like the clear dried right always seemed tacky.

I've used krylon fusion before to paint the windshield on my sportbike and was very please so i figured lets try it on the BB. i put probably 3 coats on and everything went together like it was stock no tacky feel once fully cured.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    yeah seems to be the only way

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon250r View Post

i had played with doing it the other way....sanding, then spraying primer, paint, and clear coat but wasn't happy with the results at all, tried the fusion and holy cow so easy and amazing
    So you didn't sand it at all, just spray and dry? I ask because I know the colored housings aren't painted, that's just the color of the plastic, so there's really nothing to sand away.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)