so i bought a new battery off of ebay. i got it today. and put ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mikells43 no está en línea Stack level 1

flashing red led

Advertisement

so i bought a new battery off of ebay. i got it today. and put it in my curve and it does not boot up. the last battery i bougth and the one that came in the box each boot the device up. this one only does nothing and when i plug the charger in, it just flashes red and trys to start up. i dont want to leave the charger on it for a long time with this new curve cause i dont want to damage it if its a bad battery what do u guys think?

thx

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    might give it a few minutes to charge and see if it boots but sounds like a bad batt to me.....
    any other votes here???
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

thanks man
    i hate to leave it pluggged in for long for fear it damages something im picky like that lol

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    i am sure the guys at RIM thought of that and its ok to leave it plugged in after its fully charged
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

tlmcclaskey no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I does sound like it's a bad battery. The whole purpose of buying the proper charger for your phone is for this purpose. When a manufacture makes a charger for a specific phone it has smart chips in them, even though it sits on the charger all night, when it's fully charged the brain inside the charger stops charging, so it will not over charge the battery.

When a phone is chaging it starts off with a rapid charge for 80% of the battery, then the next 20% is a trickle charge, this way it gets fully charged. Car chargers just do a rapid charge but they never give a full charge to the battery.

thanks bunches guys. yea i sent the battery back today. it was an ebay special it was the old rim sticker on it so its kinda funny i donno. but yea it did not work. it did not even take a full charge.

keith