Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey folks! Just scored an 8320 and am a first time blackberry user. Lovin every ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Flashing LED on 8320

Advertisement

hey folks! Just scored an 8320 and am a first time blackberry user. Lovin every min of it!

Silly question, but what's the flashing light used for (the on the top right of the phone)? I looked in the book but I don't think I saw an explanation for what that light is (could've missed it though, skimmed through it pretty quick, lol) At first I thought it was because of the low battery because that's when it started flashing. Started to charge the phone and it kept on flashing, went to turn it off (not the full power off) and it still flashed. Turned the phone back on and that seemed to stop it. I'll see if it happens again when I need to charge it. I read somewhere else on the forums about it maybe being a repeat notification kinda thing or something along those lines, could that be it? Any idea where I change those settings?Kinda annoying when there's a flashing light next to you while you're trying to sleep...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Flashing LED on 8320

what color was it red or green?

Red usually means messages, green is signal or battery low.......and usually a reset of the phone cures it!
    Last edited by Ranz; 10-08-2007 at 03:39 PM.

PIN/ID
    241C349C

It was green. By reset do you mean just turning it off and back on or actually taking the battery out?

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

RED: new message
    Green: Signal Indicator
    Blue: Battery critical
    Purple: Bluetooth Indicator
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

he's talking about taking the battery out. this is an optional thing. if you don't like it, you can go to options -- screen keyboard -- led coverage indicator -- choose off or on, your preference. I prefer on, that way I know my bb is breathing!

j0hn00 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242066D4

Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    RED: new message
    Green: Signal Indicator
    Blue: Battery critical
    Purple: Bluetooth Indicator
    never drained my battery all the way, so i can't be sure... but i do know that bluetooth = blue.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn00
    never drained my battery all the way, so i can't be sure... but i do know that bluetooth = blue.
    i could be colorblind, but when my battery is critical it's like a very bright blue/white and bluetooth is a darker purple... either way.
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quote Originally Posted by cyberspastic
    he's talking about taking the battery out. this is an optional thing. if you don't like it, you can go to options -- screen keyboard -- led coverage indicator -- choose off or on, your preference. I prefer on, that way I know my bb is breathing!
    Ahh, i see. I read on another forum about doing a battery pull to resolve some issues (taking out the battery while the it's still on I think), do you guys recommend that or always turning it off first?
    Sorry for all the questions! I really appreciate all the help so far.

PIN/ID
    OICU812

it dosent matter. wont hurt either way. you can go to thinkgeek.com and download soft reset and it will do the same thing without having to crack open your battery case

PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quote Originally Posted by synik103
    it dosent matter. wont hurt either way. you can go to thinkgeek.com and download soft reset and it will do the same thing without having to crack open your battery case
    Cool, thanks for the assist!

dj flyy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244ac444

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My bluetooth pairing is blue

diminished battery is a yellowish hue

Encrypt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC6F6

I like the idea of having the LED on but its so damn bright! I can't sleep with the thing on - lights up the whole room.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i turn my bb face down... That keeps the flashy-ness out of my face because I can't sleep without my BB being right next to me. And my fiance is getting sick of it now, she says I should get married to the phone instead of her.

Been a blackberry user for almost a year. And I haven't slept for a night without it being within reach. Lol

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lol face down is how I play that one too.

As for the soft reset program, I just found out the hard way that you don't need it to do a hard reset without pulling the battery. Alt + caps (right caps) + delete button does it. Try it if you don't believe me. Like I said, I found out the hard way, I thought it was a shortcut for something else.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yep. I did it too....kinda weird shuts down immediately. Haha! Kind of cool to know though, I'll keep that in mind next time before I pull the battery out. Cuz that gets old and I always think I'm going to break something

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast