Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello I am new here. I ask this question on another forum(new there too) and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

LovesGadgets no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Flashed blackberry 8330

Advertisement

Hello I am new here. I ask this question on another forum(new there too) and recieved a rude answer. I hope to get a nicer polite answer here. So here is my question. I am in a major bind here. I bought a blackberry 8330 off of ebay and it is flashed to cricket. The person who sold me the phone lives in Arizona and I live here in Las Vegas. When I push the 611 to get it to work it says no connection. I would like to know how to make it work so I can use my number. I have called several people saying that I live in a triband area it will not work. There has to be a loop hole somewhere, can anybody please help? IS there anyway I can reflashed it so it can work in my area?

Thank you

adperdue no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its going to be a little easier if we knew which carrier you would like to use for your new berry, but I think I might be able to help.
    If you know that the berry is unlocked, call your carrier from a different phone and tell them you would like to bring over a new unlocked phone. They can walk you through the rest of the way.
    If you do not know if your berry is unlocked, google this term: how do I know if my blackberry is unlocked. If it is call your carrier. If not, call cricket at the customer service number and ask if they can assist you with unlocking your berry, if they will not, use a third party unlocking service to get it unlocked, do not pay more than $10 u.s. for this service.
    When it is unlocked, call your carrier.
    If you are using a GSM carrier, in other words, if your carrier uses sim cards (the little chips that go into a slot under your battery) I think your 8330 will be incompatible with GSM. I could be wrong though.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have u tried going to a cricket store and ask them to help you with?

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    An 8330 can not be unlocked it is strictly cdma only. The 8330 can be used on different carriers as long ad each carrier is cdma. For example Verizon 8330 can be used with sprint or boost. You have to talk to tje carrier your going to ask them what the process would be to transfer your 8330 curve from its current carrier to the one you are going to.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Oh and sorry I forgot welcome to the stacks. One thing here you will find out quickly is if you ask a question on the stacks you will get help not rude or inappropriate answers. This is what I like most about the people here on pinstack.

My carrier is Cricket also. I hope I can get to use this phone it is very nice. since I wanted to own one for a year or so. Thank you for the polite answers.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This might seem like an obvious question, but have you called Cricket to switch devices and activate the new device?

Yeah, what he said. With a cherry on top.

Welcome to the stacks too!

I have att so no experience with cdma devices.

yes they gave me a three number code. But when I put the number is it says cannot connect.

I have done that also. But most of the operators there barely speak english and it is very hard to understand them. I told them that I recieved a cannot connect error flashed up

Yes I have and they said that they could not help me.

Alos it says No service currently available?? do I need a sims card??

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    What were you supposed to use the 3 number code for?

Your device is CDMA, which requires no sim card.

From what you describe, it sounds as though your new phone has not been activated.

Have you gone into an actual store to see if somebody can help you?

I gave the operator at cricket the meid number after I gave her that she gave my the *228 put when I put that it it says cannot connect. I went to my cricket store and they said that they do not work with blackberrys there.

Hmm, let me see if i can get any help on this one. I have a few connections that might be able to help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast