does anyone know how to get the flash to shut off on the curve. ive ... BlackBerry Curve forum

layedaway no está en línea Stack level 2

flash wont go off

Advertisement

does anyone know how to get the flash to shut off on the curve. ive done a battery pull and went into the camera settings and still nothing. thanks

Re: flash wont go off

anybody

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

my 8100 did that once and i did a battery pull a few times and just kept turning it off and on until it finally just cut off, i was a little disappointed actually though cause it made a great flashlight, if only you could turn it on and off at will. afterwards btw the flash and cam still worked fine.

ill try that, i was reading a post that to do a backup and wipe it so i may do that. it comes on right when i install the battery.

ok, so ive done all of that and i still have the flash on. it comes on right when i install the battery and when i do a soft reset it still on. anyone have any suggestions. thanks.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

If you have done a backup, FULL WIPE, and restore and it still does it, then it could be a bug in your software that your are restoring right after the wipe. Perhaps try to use it for a few hours after the wipe, BEFORE the reload and see if that helps. IF so, its prob a bug.

Otherwise, if still in warranty period, call the company and say the 5 button doesnt work.. theyll ask if you have done reset, software version, etc, but in the end just maintain the 5 button doesnt work.. theyll replace it every time..

If you claim the flash stays on you never know what issue they will say like you messed up a backup/restore or something..

The 5 button is a pretty black and white issue and usually goes undisputed.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

My curve will flash the red light until I physically scroll to all of my recent pin messages received. I can scroll past quickly and it seems to still think I have unread messages, there for I have to scroll through the conversation slower and it will go away.

It's just a quirk my 8310 has and I don't know if anyone else experiences this but I thought it worth a mention.

Happy Berrying!