I recently read an article that outlined some interesting discoveries relating to the Curve being ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb Flash compatibility on the way!?

Advertisement

I recently read an article that outlined some interesting discoveries relating to the Curve being Flash compatible.

While searching through some code it was discovered that findings, "more than implies BlackBerry is gearing up for Flash compatibility." He notes that in the httpcontenttranscoderslist.xml file, found in the MDS directory, some code there leads him to believe that Flash support is in development by RIM.

It seems feasible at the point to assume that RIM has been trying to incorporate Flash compatibility for some time, especially withthe release of the Curve and these new "media" friendly phones. There have been plenty of screenshot leaks of the new BB Browser, which incorporates tabbed browsing among other new features. Perhaps this code is ready to go and will be implemented in the next browser upgrade.

My only concern with this is the fact that RIM may be in the race to release handsets more frequently than before. Does this mean that us Curve users are going to get the shaft when it comes to new content or will they show us the respect that we deserve and provide updates for the 8300 first gen users as well?

Last edited by AceBB; 07-11-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:. AceBB .:*~*:._.:*~*:.
    Everything you ought to know @ http://www.christopheraceto.com

PENorwood no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Flash compatibility on the way!?

I'd imagine if they do make our blackberries flash compatible it would be a simple firmware upgrade they would release to at least the more recent phone.