Well, today sucked. After exchanging some text messages with my wife I dropped my phone ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336

Fix, exchange, or wait. Hmm....

Advertisement

Well, today sucked. After exchanging some text messages with my wife I dropped my phone into the holster as usual. About a minute later I felt a vibration, but no tone, which is odd because I have tones set to all my possible alerts when in the holster... Anyway, I pull out my Curve to see a white screen with some tiny text that reads, "App Error 523," and under that is one option, "reset."

I know the fix for it, so that isn't why I am here. Considering I have only had this particular Curve for a week, I was contemplating several different approaches. The first would be to just fix it, the second would be to take advantage of its newness and exchange it, the last would be to go back to my Tilt and return the Curve outright. No, not because I want to leave the Berry world, but because it would allow me to save my device credit for use on the 9000 in a few months...

I'm not sure what to do, lol. The 9000 could turn out to be not so hot, could get delay until who knows when, etc; there is also the concept of using Windows Mobile for the next 6 months... I love some features of the Tilt, like its incredible level of customization, and the calendar app is far and away better than the Berry, but its just NOT a Berry and I don't know if I can go 6 months or so until the 9000...

A conundrum I find myself in, yes I do...

jgagnon01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245287E8
    I would say exchange it! Once you go Berry, you never go back! No error should show up within a week, especially if you haven't done anything to damage the phone.

lonestarbuzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    coming from WM 6, I could never go back, not even if it meant the potential to get a 9000. exchange it.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think you should just exchange it and/or fix it. Yes, the 9000 is going to be hot, but I hear the buttons aren't going to be as good as the ones on the Curve. More or less, the buttons are going to be like the ones on the 88XX series. I also agree with everyone else. Once you start using a bb, you shouldn't turn your back on it. Besides, it'll still be free to exchange given that you haven't had it for long and are still within the period to exchange your phone.

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I ended up just doing a straight exchange. The rep wasn't sure I could get my credit back because of the contract renewal or something; either that or he was being lazy about it and didn't want to work, but either way, I just exchanged.

Heres to hoping it doesn't happen again...

lonestarbuzz no está en línea Stack level 2
    good move IMO. i'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    And why would u wait 6 months.. 9000 launches this summer~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Im on Sprint, but I am still going to the AT&T store to see it even if it wont be on CMDA for 18 months after initial release.... [exaggeration, kind of...]
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    And why would u wait 6 months.. 9000 launches this summer~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It is rumored to launch this summer, no official date has actually been given. Rim is also pretty good at delaying things, and there are supposedly all sorts of issues pertaining to battery life on the 9000 at the moment, so...

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Go get another one. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~