I had a few questions about the 8300 and BB in general. 1) Does the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Miles73003 no está en línea Stack level 1

First BB, 8300...

I had a few questions about the 8300 and BB in general.

1) Does the BB software work with Mac OS X?
    2) Is it possible to have a Contacts list that isn't just a plain ole list of names?
    3) Are there many free programs that I can download for my BB?
    a. I would like input as to what everyones favorite free programs are...

Any other useful information for a first time BB user would be greatly appreciated.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Ask Me!

Re: First BB, 8300...

Congrats on your new device! BBs are awsome once you get used to them.

To answer your questions:

1. No. The Desktop Manager only works with PCs. It's sad too as I'm a mac user. But I have Windows at work where I sync anyway so it works out for me.

2. From what I can tell, your contact list will always be just a list of names. But if you go to options, you can sort by last name, first name or company. Quite handy for me at least. If you're on the home screen you can just start typing a persons name and it will find it in your contacts. From there, just press the call key and it will call them. Very easy. Pressing the option key gives you the choice to call, email, sms, etc.

3. There are tons of free applications as these are Java enabled phones. My current favorites are Google Maps, BBWeather and Beyond411. Searching this site will give you links to them as I don't have them handy.

Good luck with the new device. Any questions, just ask here and someone will probably be able to help you!