Hello guys and gals. I just bought a brand new 8300 as an upgrade to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

Firewall Brand New 8300

Advertisement

Hello guys and gals.

I just bought a brand new 8300 as an upgrade to my 8100, everything is working fine, except when I try to send files via jivetalk. It tells me that I'm trying to access a place restricted by the firewall, when I went to change the firewall settings I found that it has a red lock next to the enabled which I'm guessing it means I can't change it.

How can a brand new phone have this restriction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's AT&T branded 8300.

N0ctrnl no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Firewall Brand New 8300

Do you have it hooked up to a BES? From RIM (I called them right off the bat about it), you can't disable the firewall if you're connected to an enterprise server.

nelsong no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by N0ctrnl
    Do you have it hooked up to a BES? From RIM (I called them right off the bat about it), you can't disable the firewall if you're connected to an enterprise server.
    I'm not connected to a BES. I even tried a factory reset and still no go.

br0nx finest no está en línea Stack level 1

same problem here...guess we're whistling dixie because RIM nor ATT nor any forums i visit have any resolutions.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

have either of you tried wiping the device with jl_cmder? Then reinstalling the OS? Maybe that will get rid of your firewall issue?

br0nx finest no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    have either of you tried wiping the device with jl_cmder? Then reinstalling the OS? Maybe that will get rid of your firewall issue?

i cannot say i have, but i might as well try right? will this make me lose any functionality of my device?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just make sure you back up first. Use jl_cmder. That will wipe everything off you device. Make sure you have removed all the old installed OS. Then install a fresh install of the OS. Then you can do a selective restore of what you want to restore back onto the device.

Since if you restore from your backup it will put the firewall back onto you device. Depending on your settings. This is not for beginners by the way.

If you wipe it with jl_cmder it will take everything off the device. No OS no nothing. Unusable until you install an OS.
    Hope this helps.