Hello! I'm new to pinstack and I'm a new BB Curve 8330 user. This is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

weddingbliss112 no está en línea Stack level 1

Finding Themes for 8330 Curve

Advertisement

Hello! I'm new to pinstack and I'm a new BB Curve 8330 user. This is the first BB that I've ever owned. I'm not entirely sure if I'm posting in the correct forum, but I have searched what I'm looking for and looked around to find the most appropriate forum to post in. This is where I ended up. With that being said, my question is... While searching for BB Curve 8330 Themes I have seen maybe two themes that actually have 8330 in the title. Most of what I have found says 83XX or 83xx. I'm wondering what exactly that means and if those themes are compatible with my phone. Thank you so much for the help guys!!
    -danielle-

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    83xx themes ARE compatible with your phone. Make sure that you download the ones that are compatible with your OS also, i.e., 4.2, 4.3, 4.5, etc.

If you don't know your OS, go to Options>About - it's displayed there as 4.5.0.119 or 4.3.x.xx - something like that.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 02-22-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    83xx themes ARE compatible with your phone. Make sure that you download the ones that are compatible with your OS also, i.e., 4.2, 4.3, 4.5, etc.

If you don't know your OS, go to Options>About - it's displayed there as 4.5.0.119 or 4.3.x.xx - something like that.
    Thanks for your help! My OS is 4.5.0.89 so does that mean i can only use themes that are made for that OS?

Thanks again.

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    yup, you can use any theme thats made for 4.5. , and also you can use older themes like 4.2 and so on.
    have fun here...

thank you! well i downloaded one onto my computer and i unzipped the file and everything. when i plugged my phone in it said that my computer needed to download driver software for my phone or something like that. so i left it plugged in until it completed. after that my computer wouldnt recognize that my phone was plugged in... except to charge it. so now i'm annoyed about that, but i'll figure it out. lol. thanks for your help!

PIN/ID
    skdck
    did you still have desktop manager running?

dvalkerie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having a problem installing the themes too. I put them in a folder but it doesnt find them..then it tries to download them then fails even after i transfer them over via media manager.. thoughts?

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Have you tried to extract the files before you try to install with DM?

iLord is DEAD!

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Has your microSD card been formated? That may be worth looking at. Basically all it does when formatted is organizes files predetermind file ext/Dir. Then just drag and drop the unzipped file into the allocated folder. That should work for you most of the time. I almost always take this approach I am. Not very fond of the DM though it does make some loads easier at times. Good luck!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

JR_Rider no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is exactly how I have mine setup as well....

jennnnnnnay no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can u format the microSD card even if files r on it? Or when u format, does everything get erased?
    Quote Originally Posted by rxmaker1 View Post
    Has your microSD card been formated? That may be worth looking at. Basically all it does when formatted is organizes files predetermind file ext/Dir. Then just drag and drop the unzipped file into the allocated folder. That should work for you most of the time. I almost always take this approach I am. Not very fond of the DM though it does make some loads easier at times. Good luck!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Don't see where this has been addressed, and it shouldn't make a difference but what version of Desktop Manager are you running. I suggest at least 4.6 if you are not using that version. Are you opening the folder and seeing only the axl file, which is all you should see on a DM download

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    skdck
    Quote Originally Posted by jennnnnnnay View Post
    Can u format the microSD card even if files r on it? Or when u format, does everything get erased?

Yes, format=erase...

nation no está en línea Stack level 1
    The 83xx means that it will work on all those phone models