Now how do i get rid of all these crap "shop" icons? I downloaded the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MrsKL no está en línea Stack level 2

Finally got the (att)curve..

Advertisement

Now how do i get rid of all these crap "shop" icons? I downloaded the newest desktop manager but it's not showing me all of the applications installed (like allowing me to get rid of brickbreaker etc)

Please help.. I've been sitting here for two hours and I'm ready to return it and go back to my pearl.
    245869B3
    AT&T Curve Since 3/2008
    AT&T Pearl (for a year)
    Sprint 8830 (for a year)

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    When the icon of choice is selected, hit Menu (the button with all the lil dots on it) and choose "Hide"
    Alternately you can make a folder by choosing Add Folder and put all the crap icon in there, so they're still easily accessible.
    To actually uninstall them, you use DM, and.... do something... I use Linux, so I have no idea... lol
    It's an Advanced menu somewhere...
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

MrsKL no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks, but that doesn't really help me much. I want to get rid of the icons permanently. Hiding the icons is a PITA when you want to change themes. I'm trying to figure out why the DM isn't giving me a list of them like it did when I had my pearl.
    245869B3
    AT&T Curve Since 3/2008
    AT&T Pearl (for a year)
    Sprint 8830 (for a year)

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    I'm sure someone on Windows will be able to help then.
    Sorry!
    Welcome to Curvehood btw!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    If it's the AT&T stuff, i think it's service books you need to delete. Not sure since I have TMO.

It's not really worth deleting them since it will always just come back.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    The icons are actually controlled by service books, so theres no way to delete them.
    You can delete the service books, but they will eventually get pushed back to your device.

Only thing to do is hide it.

To delete brickbreaker and other apps, you need to dl the Handheld OSand install it to your PC, then run the apploader, and you will be able to remove it.

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I delete the service books and they do dont get pushed back that often. I just do it again if there back, dont wont all that crap on my BB.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    All the "shop" icons are really custom medianet browser icons that map to a specific area of medianet when you activate them. So they aren't actually taking up any memory space like a full blown app would.

Deleting the service books will work, but hiding (PITA though it definitely is) achieves the exact same result. Pick your route to the finish!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ how does hiding and deleting the SBs do the same? Deleting the SBs is taking them completely off your bb.. Hide is just that

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by myberrysrblack View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ how does hiding and deleting the SBs do the same? Deleting the SBs is taking them completely off your bb.. Hide is just that
    The reason its two different ways to accomplish the same result is because there isn't actually a program resident in your BB's memory. Thats why its not showing up in the App Loader.

All the shop icons are simply the medianet browser, configured to point to a specific area of media net. Until you click on them and run the Browser, they're just icons sitting in your menu. They are icons that if clicked on, activate the Browser. There are no programs resident in memory, taking up space. If you click on them to hide them, you've removed them from your desktop. If you delete your service books, you've removed them from your desktop. The net result is the same.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

fflorencia no está en línea Stack level 1
    i found in this forum someone who replace a file named device.xml with annother one in the apploader folder, i did it and work,... maybe is this your problem.

by the way, sorry for my english