4.5.0.102 Start - 30.4 Loss - 2-3MB Memory Leak End: 27.8 Testing 4.5.0.99 Now Installed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ghostshell no está en línea Stack level 2

File Free/OS Memory Leak OS Version Report

Advertisement

Start - 30.4
    Loss - 2-3MB Memory Leak
    End: 27.8

Testing 4.5.0.99 Now
    Installed on Friday 11-14
    Start: 30.4
    Current 11-17: 29.89
    Will edit on Friday 11-21 with results

Anyone else that has a report on any other OS or better results on .102 please post!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    How are you testing this?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

installing and using it as normal for up to a month dependin on OS, other forums, whitepapers, other user's....

also before posting, clearing cache, event log, all messages, soft reset etc....

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cool. Next time I install a new OS I will try this, if I don't have a different phone before TMobile releases a new OS.

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thank you for redirecting me,...

i was looking for this thread.

I have to say that i have downgraded to the official version 4.5.0.99 from 4.5.0.102 Beta.

I was experiencing a very huge decrease in memory on 4.5.0.102 so i decided to try the official version. Now, not only does the memory stay at a more respectable level but it also fixes some little minor quirks that i was noticing like let's say, the text on BBMessenger contacts would for some reason re-adjust to a smaller size from a slightly bigger font, (don't know why that was happening).

4.5.0.99 fixed that font bug and everything looks more in place.

P.S. I have said it before, ill probably try another Beta release/Leak in the future but i hardly doubt it. 4.5.0.99 seems solid and its only been 1 day for me but after a while of reinstalling and uninstalling OS's, you just get a feel for it when it's working right or better and 4.5.0.99 gives me that feel.

Thanks for you report and i will definitely report back on 4.5.0.99.

Good Job and good topic.

Report time for 4.5.0.99 -=-

OK peoples, its that time. Been running 4.5.0.99 since last Friday so for a full week.

File Free @ 27.54

It seemed to have just dropped during the middle of the week. Cleared event log, SMS, MMS, browser cache, deleted all e-mails, the only thing that has changed is that i have added 1 and only 1 BB MSGR buddy and have two contacts, one contact only their e-mail and the other only one phone number. Going to do a soft reset and post file free again below.

After soft reset:
    FF @ 29.735

One other thing i did notice, mt batt draining unusually fast. Charging to 100% now and will post the results of how long it takes just sitting their locked to get to 50%, i usually have a great batt charge and charge it maybe once a week and takes a while for it to get past 80%.

If you want 30+ MB free when you go to install check out the post called

30+MB File Free Setup

*http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/30-...e-setup-96422/