My Curve with OS 4.5.0.81 fresh from T-mo loses memory very fast. I use a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question File Free 0 Bytes??

Advertisement

My Curve with OS 4.5.0.81 fresh from T-mo loses memory very fast. I use a product called Memory UP. It will show total memory of about 29 meg and 13 meg free. However the File Free memory has dropped to 0. What is the difference, and should I reboot to "get back" the 10 meg that the File Free will show until it leaks away over a 3 day period??

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Not familiar with Memory UP - question might be good to ask creator/seller of pgm and post back here with info if you don't get an answer on Pinstack.

In any case, I'd definitely re-boot to get the free memory back that your BB indicates is 0 and keep looking for the memory-thief in your phone. I'd trust that indicator regardless of what other software indicates.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    do you clean your device sometimes?

hawkins no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    I had this problem a lot because I was trying to jam so much stuff onto my 8830. The only way I could fix it, after doing all the memory freeing tricks and tips, was to delete applications, themes or messages.

Though I am starting to wonder. I have a 8330 now and it is amazing how much stuff I can download but I am seeing more and more people with 83XXs saying they have no room. Are they just downloading a lot of stuff or are the models different in regards to memory?

I don't know the specifics on the different BB's but they have different amounts of memory. Example: the 8330 has quite a bit mor memory than the 8320. I have both and my 8330 holds a LOT more aps and still has way more free memory than the 8320. The specs will tell you how much each phone comes with. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Even when the phone shows 0 Free Bytes, I can add things to it, browse the web, anything. It moves as fast as ever. I only have 3 or 4 small additional applications on it, no themes. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by th577 View Post
    Even when the phone shows 0 Free Bytes, I can add things to it, browse the web, anything. It moves as fast as ever. I only have 3 or 4 small additional applications on it, no themes. Weird.
    That IS weird! It reminds me though, of a few times when I discovered that my 8320 had 0 free memory left and I didn't notice any difference. It might have been deleting msgs at the bottom of my list to keep going but I never understood it. When I discovered it, I just rebooted, got about 10mb back and kept on trucking.

Any experts with 8320 experience have any thoughts on this situation?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I know that when I upgraded to os 4.5, my memory went way down! Ever since, my bberry has been lagging beyond belief! I don't have too many apps/themes. One theme and three or four apps.

I guess the question that I want answered is, how can the 8320 continue to operate with no OBVIOUS problems with zero free memory? th577 and I have both experienced it - there must be others.

I still have my 8320 and it has less memory, for example, than my 8330. It also has a LOT fewer aps, etc. than the 8330 on .110 and it operates, after I recently "cleaned" it thoroughly, at 15mb tops - I still catch it having dropped to 2-3mb before I clear stuff and reboot. My 8330 on .119, in contrast, gets 34mb with 3x the amount of stuff that I have on the 8320.

monim361 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248fd367
    I have the same problem with my 8320. I am also running 4.5. The only way I notice it on 0 bytes is because it randomly deletes messages. I don't have a lot of apps maybe 4 now. And no themes.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by monim361 View Post
    I have the same problem with my 8320. I am also running 4.5. The only way I notice it on 0 bytes is because it randomly deletes messages. I don't have a lot of apps maybe 4 now. And no themes.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Have you tried clearing your cache (select browser, options>cache operation, etc,) and rebooted to see how much free memory you can get back?
    You get less from these but you can also 1) clear your log (from the main menu display press and hold alt and key lglg, when the log appears press menu and clear log) and 2) run the memory cleaner (options>security options>memory cleaning, etc.)

hv76 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question "File Free" repeatedly becomes 0

File free status on my Curve 8320 (one week old) becomes 0 after a day. The phone still works but is slower. when I do a hard reset (taking out the battery when the phone is on) the memory comes back to about 2GB! I have increased the memory further by deleting all the chinese/korean/japanese language support.

Not able to figure why the memory goes back to 0. any insights would be appreciated.

Hv76, surely you mean comes back to 2mb, not gb, right? Do you have some application running all the time that downloads data or new, etc as it become available? Something you're running, I suspect, is using up the memory by auto-downloading data/info. You can check what's running by pressing "menu" from the main screen, selecting "switch applicatio" and scroll thru the list that displays. Any help?
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    Free up a wedge by deleting VAD and sample video and stuff put in by RIM. Www.berrycoder.com Maxmem app. Be careful about what u delete.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.216 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/123

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    I had this problem when I was using tmo's official os .81 I would upgrade the os on your device.
    BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.153 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100