Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know a bit of searching on the forums or the software area might yield ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ChiefOfSages no está en línea Stack level 1

File Explorer?

Advertisement

I know a bit of searching on the forums or the software area might yield an answer, but I've been trying on various sites and search engines for a few days to no avail. So I figured I might as well post!

I just want a simple file browser that lets me look through my 8300 and its MicroSD. i.e., if my friend gives me a MicroSD card, I want to be able to look through it. If this can be done with the browser, I wouldn't know. (I don't have a data plan.) And the media center seems useless for this.

Is there a way to look through the directory structure of the device? Or is there free software out there that can do it? Thanks!

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: File Explorer?

If the BB you have has a media player, you can use it to view photos, videos, hear songs, etc. If you have .doc, .xls, .pdf, etc., files on your SD card, you can send them as attachments on messeges, but you can't view or edit them.

Do a search for an app call efile from dynoplex. It's sort of like a file explorer, and will let you see the contents of the SD card, regardless of what they are.

ChiefOfSages no está en línea Stack level 1

Sounds good, I'm downloading it now. Thanks. I'm having trouble getting the Desktop app (version 4.2.2) to connect to my phone... something about it not having software for my specific phone... but I guess I'll browse the forums a bit to answer that question.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

To browse the ciles on either the microSD card or the device memory, open the media app. Then push the menu (BlackBerry) button > Explore. You can then choose from either "Device" or "Media Card".

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by ma077146
    If you have .doc, .xls, .pdf, etc., files on your SD card, you can send them as attachments on messeges.
    I can only send pictures as attachments, how do you send the other types of files? I have some in a folder, but the BB won't browse to it.

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3

Is there anything besides efile? It crashed my Pearl and I'm very reluctant to put it on my 8300 Curve. I'm talking reload OS crash!

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    I can only send pictures as attachments, how do you send the other types of files? I have some in a folder, but the BB won't browse to it.
    I'm not sure why you can't. I carry .xls, .doc, .pdf, and other file types on my media card, and can attach them to emails by selecting "Attach File" from the menu.

I'm using a Sprint 8830. I see you have an 8300; who is your carrier? When you're composing a message, can you see all of the files of different types on your media card? What about others, are you able to attach various file types?

PIN/ID
    312C4157

I'm on ATT, when composing an email I have the option for attach file. When I select that it takes me right to my pictures. I can go through the folders on my card from there, but I swore it would only find .jpg files. I'll load on a few files to my SD and get back to you.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    I'm on ATT, when composing an email I have the option for attach file. When I select that it takes me right to my pictures. I can go through the folders on my card from there, but I swore it would only find .jpg files. I'll load on a few files to my SD and get back to you.

I'm curious to find out if you can add/attach files. I use the media mass storage mode to xfer files.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

I'm curious to find out if you can add/attach files. I use the media mass storage mode to xfer files.
    Do you mean from the computer? If I have my files on my SD sure I can get to them if my BB is in mass storage mode.

If I explore my SD card from the Media application I can see my pics folder and a folder called Files. I put some docs in that folder. When attaching a file to a message that folder doesn't even show. Now If I put a pic in that FILES folder, then it shows up in the attach dialog box.
    Now, when I'm on my BB, I'm composing a message, I hit attach file, it opens my pictures folder. Media card/Blackberry/pictures. I can see the other folders on the BB as long as there are pictures in it, but it's like the BB is only looking for pictures. If there are no pictures in the folder, it won't show. Hopefully these pics help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DCookSta; 10-17-2007 at 06:32 PM.

PIN/ID

nice pics there you got on that card lol

PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    nice pics there you got on that card lol
    Not to be dirty, but those are the nicer ones. Nothing bad posted.

PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

DCookSta, I went back and tried various file locations from my SD card, to see if I could attach them. It doesn't matter where I put them, I can always attach them to a message. My default location is a folder named "Files" on the same menu level as the Picture folder, etc.

Maybe it's something vendor specific?

PIN/ID

you must have a lot of picture tag friends.

PIN/ID
    312C4157

DCookSta, I went back and tried various file locations from my SD card, to see if I could attach them. It doesn't matter where I put them, I can always attach them to a message. My default location is a folder named "Files" on the same menu level as the Picture folder, etc.

Maybe it's something vendor specific?
    I guess so, I'm running 4.2.2.173 so it's not the stock ATT OS. it just won't find anything other than pictures. The folder won't even appear unless I put a picture in it. I don't get it, but it doesn't bother me much.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBerry8800
    you must have a lot of picture tag friends.
    I don't participate at all, should I?
    Last edited by DCookSta; 10-18-2007 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast