Hey guys, the addiction is growing, lol. Anyway 2 questions I was wondering about. 1. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

playzwithfire no está en línea Stack level 1

few more curve questions please

Advertisement

Hey guys,
    the addiction is growing, lol. Anyway 2 questions I was wondering about. 1. I have installed web messenger on my blackberry if I was to leave it logged on as long as my blackberry is on are there any other charges if I have an unlimited data plan? Because I heard that it counts toward data and not text messages, normally I have the little mobile icon by my phone but those count as texts correct?
    Thank you again for all the help.

Last edited by jblackfish; 03-30-2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Using font (all red color) for emhasis - changed to black
    Gina

I'm not a pyromaniac, I just enjoy playing with fire!

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    if the messenger works over the net then you wont get chaged for texts (I think) and as far as the mobile icon, I'm not sure what your talkin bout

Thank you Johu65. What I meant by the mobile icon, on aol or yahoo if anyone IMs me it would go to my cell phone.
    Gina

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by playzwithfire View Post
    Thank you Johu65. What I meant by the mobile icon, on aol or yahoo if anyone IMs me it would go to my cell phone.
    I believe the msg goes to the device where you're logged in, phone or p-c. I believe some of the "im's" allow being logged in both places and some do not - can't remember which - I don't use them that much but I stay logged in via phone all the time.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yahoo, GMail, BBMesg and JiveTalk uses data. I dunno if other messengers uses text.

HTH
    Peter

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    OZ Instant Messaging uses SMS. I think webmessenger uses data.

Thats what I had heard. I am trying out the trial of javatalk I think it is called but I see no difference in how either works except web messenger is free.
    Gina

jgagnon01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245287E8
    If I don't have OZ on my BlackBerry, is there anyway of downloading it? If not does anyone else know of any other SMS based instant messaging programs.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Thats what I had heard. I am trying out the trial of javatalk I think it is called but I see no difference in how either works except web messenger is free.
    You mean JiveTalk from www.beejive.com?

Peter

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2447B685
    Hi playz. If you are using the IM applications that came with your at&t device (OZ) then you will be using SMS and will be billed according to the messaging feature you have provisioned on your account. If you are using Beejive then you will be running and sending messages via the BIS server so you would not be inquiring sms charges and would be taking advantage of your unlimited data plan. Most of the at&t plans inclue messaging so i hope you have one of those!

yes Peter Jivetalk, just showed what a new blackberry user I was lol
    Gina

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    yes Peter Jivetalk, just showed what a new blackberry user I was lol
    Lol, you are going to LOVE Jivetalk! You get to log in to all sorts of messaging accounts at once. (AOL Instant Messenger, Google Talk, ICQ, Jabber, Windows Live Messenger, My Space Im and Yahoo Messenger). The best part about this is that all messages are counted as data and not sms/txt.