Hi everyone, i've got a few questions regarding my curve. Im still new to the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aquariuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24121BF4

Question few (maybe silly) questions about my 8300 curve

Advertisement

Hi everyone, i've got a few questions regarding my curve. Im still new to the BB scene so mind you though, these may sound silly lol, please bare with me

ok, first, me n my gf have the curve, i have the 8300 n she has the 8320. yesterday we were both playing around with the BB messenger, trying to figure out how it works n all. Now my question is, do we both need the data plan (internet connection) to use BB messenger? if yes, pls ignore my next question. If no, pls read the next question LOL

2nd, if i am capable of using the BB messenger without internet, what would i need to do to get it working in both my bb n her bb? pls briefly guide me through the steps.

and my last question is, would it be good for me and my gf to upgrade our OS? we both have the original OS dat came with it (mine ATT n hers TMo). if we can upgrade, should we use the last OS from Singapore Telecom Mobile?

Thank you everyone for your help

Sean

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: few (maybe silly) questions about my 8300 curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well you do need the data addon in order to use your bb messenger. And to your third question... You could upgrade yours to the singapore os but the 8320 doesn't have any new os yet, at least that I'm aware of. But the 8300 can use this one

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lecom_4_a.html

Welcome to the world of BlackBerry, and to the stacks

aquariuz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24121BF4

hi jkai, thanks for your advice, im doing my upgrade as im typing this so lets see what will go with my cell

oh n jkai, i was looking at your avatar, n it looks like a black 8300. is that just a case or a replacement faceplate?

and one more thing to anybody reading this, what proggys or softwares can i install on my BB curve that does not require data plan? I know i know, it defeats the purpose of having a BB without the use of mobile internet but my main use of the bb is for texting as well as media player i might get the data plan in the future though. So yeah, any suggestions as wat i should add to my curve??

thanks again

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

there is no software that i know of that doesnt require a data plan everything has to be downloaded but i might be wrong and there never a silly question if you dont know just ask somebody knows something

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

None of the games require a data plan, however you might use some data and conseqnetly be charged in the download of the game. There are financial applications, and all sorts of others that don't require the internet. Check out http://www.handango.com
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?