A faux blackberry user is that of one that pretends he holds all the technical ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Anthonyxa no está en línea Stack level 1

Post faux Blackberry User vs Crackberry user (Tips and Tricks)

Advertisement

A faux blackberry user is that of one that pretends he holds all the technical know how just for holding the device in his hand, meanwhile his contacts are all garbled and messy information out of place and hmmm what indeed is a PIN? is that something like the nextel walkie code hmm, this sort of user also thinks of his berry as a sidekick with a little iphone embedded on it.

now the arrogant Crackberry user just like myself lol without so much of the arrogance in the mix, is that of one that is sending meeting invites through his calender, arrives home eager to hook that baby up and sync it with his microsoft outlook program and watches amused as the new information on both databases are updated ohhh says to himself I did good adding pictures to my contacts, even goes as far as adding notes (copy and paste from zagat when it comes to restaurants)

the crackberry user mocks his friends for not knowing the true power they hold in their hands, lol lauphs at the faux user when he looses his contacts and must enter each and every contact via the phone once more, almost makes the crackberry user want to share his last backbup or atleast send him some vcards so he can install those contacts on the fly oncemore.

takes pride that he has 3 blackberries and remembers the time he cut a Treo smart phone in half with a chop saw, the time he threw his white blackberry pearl to the ground, when he got a PRADA PHONE (when he took a rehab recession from blackberry devices) then came the replacment and well back to the addiction he SAID..

oh and the time he threw a video game GXTV out the window of his 4th floor apartment wooops nothign to do with the thread sorry got carried away lol

lol

and with all this said I GIVE YOU AN INTRODUCTION TO A TIPS AND TRICKS OF THE TRADE (im kidding about all i said above so dont take it personal)
    let me help you guys out with some stuff you might already know

MICROSOFT OUTLOOK

I suggest you always use outlook to manage your contacts and sync them with your berry not only will it make your life easier when it comes to lowering the time it will take you to add all this info, but you will notice how easy it is to add other information you just might be lazy to have done with the berry, such as addresses notes pictures and more.

always make a backup of your entire blackberry device, this works both ways - you will always have a fresh copy (in the case you have made a clean install of outlook on a new computer you can move all your contacts with a click of a button

____

the outlook power doesent end there, take use of the calender power and organize your life, I dont know if many of you now of this but just like in outlook your blackberry device is capable of sending out invitations be it a meeting a reunion with friends at the local cafe or hey what the hell lets meet up at the club and dance our socks off who is in!! lol anywhere the point is you can send invites that will automate to the calender and you will be up to date on whill will arrive and who wont

great tip for business owners like myself, set up meetings proffesionally and thus giving the sender the option to integrate the inviatino to his calender if he has outlook or a berry (that means he wont forget)

now if you delete the calender meeting the device will ask you if you wish to send a note to the attendees that the meeting will be canceled, or you can just cancel and let others attend either way usefull tip

Business use
    Create a folder and take use of the micro sd memory card (get a 16gb if your phone supports it) I dont have one yet but ill be adding a higher capacity one soon, if you send proposals presentations powerpoint etc.. arrange your (suitcase) depending on what trade your in, organize files you need to send to clients while your on the go, or pictures

(if you need higher capacity) and if you have a web host then create a folder that is already online and just access that with your berry and send files from there, lets say you need to send a file that is 2GB in size this would not work if you try to send via berry I dont think anyone has done this how long wout it take, (if you have files that are big in size- then just have those files on your host server and link up to them and send users the link. (many things can be done to work around stuff) but rarely will someone be sending huge files in my opinion - but in other cases its common

I must admit I have downloaded files when tehtered to my laptop a few times in the past, when i was in a situation and had no internet access where i was located and needed some important files.

Personal use
    If your just like me, you want to have the ALL IN ONE ULTIMATE DEVICE sad to say it hasent been made yet, atleast not to my standards, but the new blackberry 8900 did make life a little better, I rarely use my ipod anymore but I do want to have some mp3s to listen to when im on the go, so no adive needed on that

Movies or videos
    get yourself a program that will encode the movies to the adequate size of your berry screen and the format of your choice, so you can take your movies or music videos on the go

MP3 TAGS
    I know this is a little of topic here but it will help make your life simpler when it comes to finding your music in your device, get yourself a program to properly tag your mp3s neatly before you go ahead and take on the average joe advice "YEA MAN DRAG AND DROP ALL YOUR MP3s there, they will auto arrange themseleves"

no this will not be the case, I use the album selection most of the time on my 8900 device to find my albums, I dont use artist because I have many compilation albums that contain tracks with different artists, so its no fun browsing by artists to end up finding that there is only one or two tracks to select

properly tag your music to find it easy on your device

some saftey notes:
    yes we already know your addicted to your berry
    just be careful crossing the street or where your walking, i seen people almost get hit by a car for not paying attention

im thinking of more things to post and im sure i have tons of other suggestions but at the moment I am blocked so ill keep you guys up to date on what else comes into my mind
    there is plenty of things you can do with it.

jamster no está en línea Stack level 1
    Totally coool.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Well done Anthony.

bigdogbta35 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Well done Anthony.
    Would have to agree

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Nice job.....

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Nicely said
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

tw1xy no está en línea Stack level 1
    So true what you wrote. Nicely done
    e ne

Thanks guys will come up with some more stuff soon

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Great information.
    For those that don't have outlook, you can use google contacts and calendar. Just get the google sync tool.
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by PacketRat View Post
    Great information.
    For those that don't have outlook, you can use google contacts and calendar. Just get the google sync tool.
    Thats what I do... Man I love google...
    -Josh

msshorty no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM Me
    Great info. I love it! My husband and bf just got their 1st berries and they now appreciate the hours I have spent reading things like this. Ty!

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Good stuff. But shouldn't you be referring to fake crackberry users, instead of fake blackberry users? From the novice to the experts, we're all users of the blackberry, and that's what makes this world go 'round and prevents the universe from collapsing in on itself. We should all just get along. Now the issues are those wanna-be crackberry users as you described. This thread should be used to impose our will (teaching of the tips and tricks) for those wanna-be's to become actual certified crackberry addicts. Do we now call ourselves crackberry pushers? ROTFL! I'm also kidding, all in fun!

Quote Originally Posted by msshorty View Post
    Great info. I love it! My husband and bf just got their 1st berries and they now appreciate the hours I have spent reading things like this. Ty!
    Hey msshorty glad you enjoyed the info