Ok here's my problem. I just switched over to at&t and bought an 8300. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NickB2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

facebook on 8300 question

Advertisement

Ok here's my problem. I just switched over to at&t and bought an 8300. I recently had an 8703e with a 4.2 OS on sprint. The facebook app worked fine and I got notifications. Now since I switched over I tried installing the facebook app on this phone I can login and stuff and do everything, but it doesn't send me notifications and I checked everything to make sure I was connected and all that.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: facebook on 8300 question

Not sure if it would cause notifications to stop but under options in the facebook app, do you have a checkmark where it says "Leave email notification on the server"? I could be totally off in my thinkin though as that just stops the extra email from coming in is all I think. But maybe it goes vice versa??
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Have you switched over the PIN and IMEI for the devices. Are you getting email at all?

NickB2005 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Have you switched over the PIN and IMEI for the devices. Are you getting email at all?
    Just today about an hour ago. I finally had at&t release the previous users PIN and IMEI so that I could setup my email on the BIS. So just recently, I am set up for that.

Does that cause me not getting notifications via the facebook app?

EDIT: I now receive the notifications just as I was typing this haha
    Last edited by NickB2005; 11-15-2007 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Got to work

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by NickB2005 View Post
    Just today about an hour ago. I finally had at&t release the previous users PIN and IMEI so that I could setup my email on the BIS. So just recently, I am set up for that.

Does that cause me not getting notifications via the facebook app?

EDIT: I now receive the notifications just as I was typing this haha
    Yeah because it's like getting an email, so if it's not set up for your specific device it won't work.

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    Not sure if it would cause notifications to stop but under options in the facebook app, do you have a checkmark where it says "Leave email notification on the server"? I could be totally off in my thinkin though as that just stops the extra email from coming in is all I think. But maybe it goes vice versa??
    glad to hear you got yours working..

but now mine isn't >_<

now, i have this option checked.. i haven't really changed anything today that would make it not notify me.. =\

i just noticed that i got an event notification on the site, but not directed to my phone

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    glad to hear you got yours working..

but now mine isn't >_<

now, i have this option checked.. i haven't really changed anything today that would make it not notify me.. =\

i just noticed that i got an event notification on the site, but not directed to my phone

Come to think of it, there are in fact times I dont get all notifications. It could be apart of my profile settings on Facebook itself though. I mostly get notices of messages, wall posts, invites, and add requests. But sometimes I go to my profile and see stuff that shoulda been pushed that wasnt. Might just be an overload or something. Cant really say I know, but it does happen. The app is fairly new so I wouldnt be surprised if it aint perfect or 100% all the time.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Notifications depend on your Facebook settings. It should be send it to an account that is connected to your BB. All the application does is hijack those emails and labels them as facebook messages.

That's what I have been lead to believe.

muck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2054A42F

that is correct reddog

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Notifications depend on your Facebook settings. It should be send it to an account that is connected to your BB. All the application does is hijack those emails and labels them as facebook messages.

That's what I have been lead to believe.
    that's what i understand too.. but i still receive the notifications on my gmail app that aren't appearing on my facebook app.. hmm. i'll have to play around w/ the settings then.