I received a message on FB which gave me a notification on my phone. I've ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Facebook notification icon won't go away

Advertisement

I received a message on FB which gave me a notification on my phone. I've reading it, the icon didn't go away. I've deleted the message, cleared my FB cache, reinstalled the FB app, deleted it and installed it again... still there. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Do a battery pull. See if that fixes it.

Thanks but I forgot to mention that was the first thing I tried and it didn't work.

Okay, cool. So you're sure it's a Facebook notification and not something else? Did it go away when you uninstalled FB?

It did go away when I uninstalled FB but once I signed into the app again after the reinstall, the notification came back. Definitely FB.

philo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f36721
    Me too! It just sits on count of 9. When new notifications come in, the count is advanced by the number of new notifications, but when I read them, the count goes back to 9.

Seems like there is a zero baseline problem.

And yes, I am sure it is FB (v1.9.0.20), I have done several battery pulls and have uninstalled/reinstalled FB.

Quite annoying.

Try going into the app again, into the notifications folder and highlight the date, press the BB menu button and select Mark Prior Open or Delete Prior and see if that doesn't get rid of it.

Might also want to log into the web client and try clearing all your messages that way.

PIN/ID
    23f36721
    Thanks RogerG,

I should have mentioned that I have done both of those things. This seems like a real sticky problem!

Yes, and I'm seeing it more and more.

Do you get Facebook notifications to your BlackBerry? Check through your BlackBerry messages folder to see if there's anything related to Facebook and try deleting those.

PIN/ID
    23f36721
    Thanks RogerG. I just deleted all my messages and the 9 count is still there. It's no big deal, I just know that if the number is >9 then I have new FB notifications! Blackberry will likely issue an update (eventually) if enough people have this problem.

I meant to you get e-mail notification of messages and such on Facebook. I read somewhere that someone found and deleted those from their e-mail account and that solved the problem for them.

This is definitely something RIM will need to address, though.

PIN/ID
    23f36721
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Try going into the app again, into the notifications folder and highlight the date, press the BB menu button and select Mark Prior Open or Delete Prior and see if that doesn't get rid of it.

Might also want to log into the web client and try clearing all your messages that way.
    It just updated Roger! Icon has now disappeared. Looks like the fix is to delete ALL messages in the BB email folder. Will be interesting to see if the issue reappears with new notifications but I doubt it...

Thanks for your help

Yes, that's what I was trying to convey in post #11. Sorry if that wasn't clear, but glad it's sorted out!