I recently upgraded my 8310 to an 8320. I installed Facebook, but, unlike on my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jd13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Facebook Contact Sync

Advertisement

I recently upgraded my 8310 to an 8320. I installed Facebook, but, unlike on my 8310, I cannot get the App to sync with my contacts and update the names and pictures, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

I have gone into preferences, but I cannot check the box for syncing. Would it be locked down my my adminstrator?
    PAX
    JD

Feliz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30DD779A
    Jd13- I could be wrong but it is most likely blocked by your bes administrator. They would be the only ones to remove the block if their policy allowed it. Hopefully one of our bes experts can confirm this for us.
    BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    Last edited by Feliz; 09-24-2009 at 08:25 AM.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yes, a BES can block this ability by restricting what apps can and cannot access. Did you have your old device on the same BES network?
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    There is an option now on the BES to block "Social Networking Applications" and Facebook falls into this category. Your BES admin can set this to "False" if he wants to allow for this but most probably won't on large BES setups but it never hurts to ask, right?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

yump0p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i have tmo and it synced for me, that is weird have you tired updated the facebook app maybe its old?

jd13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks everyone. On the 8310, it was the same network, but I may have updated BEFORE they put the new rules in effect. I cannot do an OTA software upgrade either, so probably blocked. I was hoping not, but oh well.

Thanks again all!
    PAX
    JD