I can't seem to make my Facebook app on my Curve 8330 sync up with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kjlo5 no está en línea Stack level 2

Facebook app options grayed out on my Curve 8330

Advertisement

I can't seem to make my Facebook app on my Curve 8330 sync up with my contacts and calendar. When I go to the options within the app those options are unchecked and grayed out. I cannot seem to find a way to make them work. I have had it work with my phone before when I had OS 4.2 and an older version of Facebook.

Does anybody know how to make my phone work with the Facebook sync option or a reason why I can't use this feature anymore?

I have a Version Curve 8330 running OS 5.0.0.438 and I have the latest Facebook App. (1.7.0.22)

hanathan no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same issue and, although I've searched far and wide for a solution, I can't seem to find a solution. Every discussion on this topic that I've come across seems to conclude that it has something to do with a change in default BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) security options. If you happen to be connected a BES at work, then you may be able to talk your company's BES-Administrator into changing the security policy to allow social networking integration.

As for me, I use BIS (Blackberry Internet Service), and I still can't access those options. This was not a problem in version 1.5 of the Facebook app, so I'm completely baffled. Truth be told, it kinda makes me want to jump ship for webOS, where the social media integration is elegantly built into the operating system's DNA--only reason I've stuck with the BB platform is because I like the build-quality of RIM's hardware, as compared to Palm's.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you guys tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Facebook?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    It's most likely because you are on a BES?

hanathan said they are not on BES, but could it be because it's a device that used to be on BES and therefore has a policy?

Nice ta see you on here, Moto!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Thanks Rog. Yeah, it's going to be a result of a BES policy on there somewhere. The device will have to be wiped and a blank IT policy put on it in order to be able to sync those Face book items.
    Last edited by MotoUp; 07-13-2010 at 06:43 PM.

I used to be on BES way back on my old 8703e, Rog, and transferred some data to my 8330. However, I recently wiped my device when I upgraded to 4.5.0175 (My Contacts and Calendar were completely empty afterward, and I did not restore it).

Moto, would the policy transfer from one device to another?

hanathan, do you see any policies on your 8330?

Thanks for your input, Rog and Moto.

I don't see anything resembling an IT policy in my Applications list (under Advanced Options). Am I looking in the right place?

Dunno, hanathan. Moto is one of our resident BES experts. You're looking for a little red lock.

And have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling FB?

kjlo5 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have my BB setup with my own Outlook account that is not controlled by a business. I also have it synced with my yahoo and gmail accounts. I guess I don't remember if that is BES or BIS. anyway I have done a wipe and that didn't fix the facebook app. I have only had this option on Facebook version 1.5 like Hanathan.

I have figured out a workaround though. I downloaded OutSync made by Microsoft. it syncs my facebook account with my Outlook account. then I just do a BB update. this is great if you have outlook but it only re-syncs when you manually do it. I prefer the app to automatically do it for me like it is designed to do.