Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a VZW 8330 running 4.5.0.51 BETA and I noticed that I cant upload ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2

Facebook for 4.5 / Newest 4.5BETA Version

Advertisement

I have a VZW 8330 running 4.5.0.51 BETA and I noticed that I cant upload photos to facebook anymore via BB, and that the Facebook app doesnt appear on my apps list when I browse them on the menu; however does show up when I view the apps list in options --> advanced --> applications.

This leads me to believe its a failure of compatability with the beta OS.

Let me know if there is another version out there for FB that works on the 4.5 BETA OS. Either that, or if someone got the old 4.3 version to work on 4.5.

////////////

I was also wondering if anyone could link to me to the latest version of 4.5, and is it worth it to update from 0.51?

Thanks

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Hmm, I'm using the official MTS Mobility release for the 8330 on my Verizon 8330. I have no issues whatsoever using Facebook or uploading photos.

Goto https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...1F280B6AE1AF61 and download the official MTS Mobility 4.5 release, it'll work like a charm for Verizon phones being CDMA and all, just delete your vendor file as usual.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm not sure. I have a BB 8100 with OS 4.5.0.55 and my facebook app. Works well. So I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

onedoteight no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same issue and i downloaded and installed the app from facebooks mobile site and now the issue is gone.
    Last edited by onedoteight; 08-22-2008 at 04:25 PM. Reason: edit typo
    Blackberry Storm 9530 4.7.0.103 (Verizon)
    Blackberry Curve 8330 default (Verizon)
    Apple Ipod Touch
    Canon PowerShot SD1000

mserica513 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    OOPS!
    ive got an unofficial 4.5.0.51 on my 8330 and have absolutely no problems uploading to facebook, i do it at least twice weekly. I have sprint and the app is included with the phone(meaning im not downloading from face books mobile website) could that have something to do with it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    Insert catchy phrase here..

Dahm no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

What rmerck said holds true. I installed the version of 4.5 and it not only fixed the fb app but also sped up both my phone and the BIS,

Thanks for everyones replies, and the help.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Running the latest OS on telus 4.5.0.61 I belive it is on a 8330, no problems with facebook.

YaBoiD no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have been reading that BBCurves with the 4.5 OS are experiencing deleted FaceBook posts & that's after clearing the memory. I might just wait for an official release from FB for the 4.5 OS. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

latin_teacher no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3057ba33
    4.5.0.77 is where its at lol!! awesome beta!! the browser is so super fast and the speaker is so much louder!!! wohoooo

John-Fox no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2473DB5D

facebook on 4.5 / Varies by theme

For some annoying reason, this depends upon what theme you are using. I was using the at&t theme on my 8820, and the facebook icon was gone from the home screen, not listed anywhere else for that matter (except in Options > Advanced > Applications). Even after a reinstall, nothing.

Switch to other themes, and it works perfectly. I am not sure what is going on with that.

Anyone?

YaBoiD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by latin_teacher View Post
    4.5.0.77 is where its at lol!! awesome beta!! the browser is so super fast and the speaker is so much louder!!! wohoooo
    Are you referring to the speaker volume when someone is calling or while your on the phone (earpiece volume)? There is a huge difference between the TMo Curve & our 8330 when the phone rings. TMo 8320 is SO MUCH louder.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can't get any notifications on my BlackBerry from Facebook for the life of me.

The only time I ever see a notification display on the top of the phone was when I installed it for the first time?

Go to facebook using a PC.. log in to your account. On the top right you should see Home Account Privacy Logout. Click on Account.
    On account, under the setting tab, you should see contact email.. make sure that that email address is one that you get emails directly to your BB and that the messages don't go into your Junk Folder. Once you have that set, in the same account tab, click on the iner tab that says notifications and select the notifications that you would like to recieve.
    There is also a way to get all your notifications via RSS.. not sure if you are intereseted on that, but you can also check it out.
    Let me know if that works for you.

c0rinne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C94BF
    ^ Did that a few days ago and still not getting them.

hummm do you have the latest version of facebook on your BB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast