Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So, I paid for - and downloaded - the Leopard theme from BBExtras.com... a couple ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cj5150 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    pm me

Extraction questions - please help

Advertisement

So, I paid for - and downloaded - the Leopard theme from BBExtras.com... a couple months ago, before he got shut down.

Now, I'd really like to get that theme back. I've read a few comments about this on Pinstack, but nothing concrete as of yet that will help me. I did an O/S upgrade last month (to Singapore), deleted all 3rd party stuff, and basically started over. I was getting some glitch and lag time issues, and my 8300 is now running good again. But, as mentioned, I'd love to have that (Leopard) theme back.

Is there any way - through old backups, or the old phone o/s, or whatever - to extract that theme and re-install it? If anyone on this forum could provide the info on how to do so, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Extraction questions - please help

This is a long thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...per_theme.html
    but I think someone (or more) posted having it in there. Check that out and see if you get any help. You can post to the thread or PM the person who has it if they're offering to share it.

UPDATE: Look at post #151

PIN/ID
    pm me

thanks, but are you sure you posted the right link? The post that's attached to this link doesn't talk anything about what I'm asking for - and response #151 is a screen shot of a wall paper.

Can anyone please assist?

Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    thanks, but are you sure you posted the right link? The post that's attached to this link doesn't talk anything about what I'm asking for - and response #151 is a screen shot of a wall paper.

Can anyone please assist?
    Sorry - my fault! You said theme and I posted a wallpaper thread. I'm looking .

Evidently we don't have it here on Pinstack, but you probably knew that.

Can any of you theme experts help this guy find access to the Leopard theme that BBextras had?

cj,

I don't use the leopard theme, nor did I use bbextra but I found this site.

http://musicsblackberry.blogspot.com/

Is this what you're looking for?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You're out of luck. There was a reason he only had his themes available via OTA so that you couldn't transfer them to other people. Which is understandable but at the same time since he got shut down they are no longer accessible.

The only way you're going to be able to get it is if someone was able to extract the theme and save a hard copy. I doubt anyone has. There was a reason he got shut down, so those themes are not supoose to be distributed.

PIN/ID
    pm me

It's very close, thanks for the link!

One big difference, though... the one that BBExtras.com was selling had the Apple "Widgets" that actually worked on a BB. Coolest feature I've seen on a BB theme yet. I can't believe I deleted it...

PIN/ID
    pm me

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You're out of luck. There was a reason he only had his themes available via OTA so that you couldn't transfer them to other people. Which is understandable but at the same time since he got shut down they are no longer accessible.

The only way you're going to be able to get it is if someone was able to extract the theme and save a hard copy. I doubt anyone has. There was a reason he got shut down, so those themes are not supoose to be distributed.
    Completely understood. I wasn't looking for someone to distribute anything illegal to me. I just wanted to know if there was a way to extract something that I had once paid for, via one of my old backups or from my old BB system o/s.

dmurphy68 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have a leopard theme i got for free give me your e-mail and i will send it to you

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by cj5150 View Post
    Completely understood. I wasn't looking for someone to distribute anything illegal to me. I just wanted to know if there was a way to extract something that I had once paid for, via one of my old backups or from my old BB system o/s.
    There is a way to extract but it has to be on the phone.

But at least murphy has a copy.

PIN/ID
    pm me

cool - thanks for the links, it is appreciated!

martinrrrr no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    That brings up a good point for future OS upgrades or if I have to wipe my BB clean and start from scratch. I'm new to the BB scene and don't have a lot of knowledge about the ins and outs on how these things work. I have the 8310 and have installed a few items, themes, ringers and application etc by way of OTA. I perform backups on a regular basis. Are you saying that these backups don't actually backup the applications that I have installed by way of OTA? If so what would be the best practice to for backing up and restoring any OTA added applications?

Thanks,

Roger
    Last edited by martinrrrr; 02-15-2008 at 12:55 PM.

lew2 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm out of my area of expertise, but I remember seeing a thread about taking a backup and restoring it into the BB simulator from the BB SDK, then extracting it from there. Perhaps that might be enough of a lead to search from for further information?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by martinrrrr View Post
    That brings up a good point for future OS upgrades or if I have to wipe my BB clean and start from scratch. I'm new to the BB scene and don't have a lot of knowledge about the ins and outs on how these things work. I have the 8310 and have installed a few items, themes, ringers and application etc by way of OTA. I perform backups on a regular basis. Are you saying that these backups don't actually backup the applications that I have installed by way of OTA? If so what would be the best practice to for backing up and restoring any OTA added applications?

Thanks,

Roger
    Yes and No. It does and it doesn't.

Let's say you have some sort of conflict via address and had to restore. It will restore those 3rd apps as long as they were already install on the device. I believe if it is on the desktop manager app loader then it will restore.

Now let's say you wipe the device and reload the OS. If you at anytime removed either the DM or OS before restoring then those apps are gone. Since they are stored some where within those programs. Hope this helps explain a little bit.

There is a thread in the 3rd party apps forum about backing up OTA games. That is the best way to get a hard copy of OTA apps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast