I have a 8320 with Tmobile service and I have searched the web for an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

External GPS for 8320

Advertisement

I have a 8320 with Tmobile service and I have searched the web for an external GPS I have read reviews but I dont feel I have enough information from people who actually use them to go and make a choice on one.

I am curious how easy the setup? Also I have read that it connects via bluetooth, so im wondering does it lag? or cause the blackberry to run slow? Also would it be practical to leave the gps in the car and would it auto connect upon entering?

What are the best ones out there? Which one is the best bag for your buck? Thanks! I really do drive alot and It would be nice to have one! I am now noticing that I would rather have the gps instead of the wifi but then again I guess I wont miss it till its gone!

Thanks!

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Re: External GPS for 8320

~via BB
    I'm using a Holux GPSlim. It small enough to just add to my key chain. I've used it with my previous PPC and it works just fine. Sometimes it does take a few minutes to locate a sat but nothing too bad. I havn't seen a lag with my bb. I'm using it with google maps. I would like to get a navigation software that does turn by turn voice but I havn't found one. You can also use a bluetooth headset while the phone is connected to the GPS which is good. The gps has saved me numerous times. Even though I don't use it all the time, it's a great asset for those times I do need it.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

hwnstyle21 which GPSlim do you have? I was looking to get the GPSlim 239 which is the one that is powered through the cigarette outlet on the car or via usb on a PC.

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

I'm using the Holux GPSlim 240.
    BB 8330 w/ SERO Voice Only, BIS, N/W @7pm, Pick3, Unl Text via Credits: $30 +$5 (Unl Incoming) + $7 (TEP)
    Pin: 31C83C17

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

i have been nothing but satisfied with my garmin mobile 10x. i got it for $125 from amazon.com for the puck and a year subscription to the garmin software program that has turn by turn voice with street names, missed turn redirecting, traffic alerts, gas prices...all that stuff. connects to my 8300 as soon as i turn the puck on and has directions ready before i leave the driveway.

mike mike© no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rws381 View Post
    i have been nothing but satisfied with my garmin mobile 10x. i got it for $125 from amazon.com for the puck and a year subscription to the garmin software program that has turn by turn voice with street names, missed turn redirecting, traffic alerts, gas prices...all that stuff. connects to my 8300 as soon as i turn the puck on and has directions ready before i leave the driveway.
    i have the same deal .. the garmin mobile 10x
    we were recently in new york city .. and my friends tom tom was takin us in circles and couldnt find a gas station in lower manhattan ..we knew we had to go to the west side but the gps got us lost .. so i used my garmin mobile on my phone .. it pinpointed our exact location and found the closest gas station ... live traffic and construction as well .. i love it
    jus make sure u git the "garmin for blackberry"

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

One of the absolute best is the PHAROS system included with microsofts streets and maps. The bluetooth GPS is only about the size of a half dollar and can be placed in a pocket or on the dash of your car. There are car chargers available or it can be charged such as the phone. That bluetooth GPS is compatible with several different programs such as Yahoo 2.0 maps, Google maps, the streets and trips from microsoft, etc. Look into it. I think the whole kit is 99 for the software and GPS unit, the bluetooth adapter MAY be extra but its like 15 bucks online.

I would say that or the Garmin.. they are both very good.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8

rws381 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: External GPS for 8320

just a few more notes on the garmin. i took my sister back to school last weekend and it is about a three hour trip one way. my curve battery was able to last long enough to use the gps there and back, talk for about an hour and half and send a few messages here and there. when i got back home i still had 20% battery. i was quite impressed. the garmin uses mini usb to charge and came with a car charger too, forgot to mention that earlier.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

I have Holux 1200 on my keychain. Works great with little or no delay.

http://www.amazon.com/Holux-M-1200-B.../dp/B000V4RP80

jasonsteel no está en línea Stack level 1

I have the Holux GPSlim 240 (about $70, just search for it on Froogle). I don't experience any lag with it, and it doesn't seem to drain my battery any more than playing music would. I do some times experience weird behavior from Google Maps (not being able to find my GPS location, even though BB Maps and Yahoo Go! maps can).