Hello, Just picked up the Curve yesterday and love it so far. The only problem ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DBaseball23 no está en línea Stack level 1

Expired server certificate popup

Advertisement

Hello, Just picked up the Curve yesterday and love it so far. The only problem I seem to be having is when I try to view one certain website (which worked perfectly fine on my pearl) there is a popup which states:

"You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate has expired"

There are three options to chose from on the popup 1) Continue 2) Close connection or 3) View certificate.

When I try to select "Continue" it just pops up immediately saying the same thing. I have to select it like 20 times before the page is loaded.

Why is that? Is there a setting that will stop this popup???

Thanks in advance

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Expired server certificate popup

Quote Originally Posted by DBaseball23
    Hello, Just picked up the Curve yesterday and love it so far. The only problem I seem to be having is when I try to view one certain website (which worked perfectly fine on my pearl) there is a popup which states:

"You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate has expired"

There are three options to chose from on the popup 1) Continue 2) Close connection or 3) View certificate.

When I try to select "Continue" it just pops up immediately saying the same thing. I have to select it like 20 times before the page is loaded.

Why is that? Is there a setting that will stop this popup???

Thanks in advance
    That is a little odd. What website are you trying to get to? Some sites like for instance goarmy.com (just as an example) require a DoD root certificate to log on. My guess is it is something similar. Post back and let me know. Very curious.

its a online betting site. Bodoglife.com The main page is fine but nothing else loads right like the login page for example

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by DBaseball23
    its a online betting site. Bodoglife.com The main page is fine but nothing else loads right like the login page for example
    Not quite sure. Are you getting the error after putting your login info in or trying to get to the log in info screen? It does have a lot of java script and that is the only error i get but then again i do not have a log in. Try changing the emulation mode of your browser to netscape. While in the browser hit menu, options, browser config, and change the emulation mode. See if that helps.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

maybe that is the certificate issue that was mentioned in the update thread.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_4_2_2_a.html

no luck.....it does it before i have a chance to log in by the way

amhickam no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242F36B0
    I have the same problem. Well sort of. I will clear all of my cache and cookies, but I will get the popup numerous times throughout the day on my home screen. I don't know if its some sort of virus or what. Can some one help me get rid of it?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

5angels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241c528b
    My wife and I both have 8320's. She gets the pop ups all day long and for no apparent reason. It never happens on mine.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

amhickam no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242F36B0
    Yeah my hubby has the 8320 as well, and he doesn't get it, but another friend of mine does as well as me. Any advise would be appreciated~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA
    some other forums indicate its RIM problem. Something with new certificates being updated but old ones not deleting.

Wifi devices seem to be the ones affected

5angels no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241c528b
    I've compared the configuration between my curve which does not have the popup issue with my wife's, which does have the popup issue. The only difference I see is in wifi diagnostics. Under blackberry infrastructure, address used, for mine is: //rcp.na.blackberry.com:443
    For my wife it is: //216.9.242.XXX:443
    I don't see how this can cause an expired certificate problem but that's the only wifi difference I can see.
    Any thoughts?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~