Hi, I was searching on the forum, but im lost. I understand that originally, the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Expandable memory – support for microSD card

Hi,
    I was searching on the forum, but im lost. I understand that originally, the maximum microSD card supported by the Curve was 2gb. I know some of our members trick the 6gb card. But, with the current OS, what is the maximum gb's supported by the Curve 8310? 4gb?

Thanks,

Xat

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Expandable memory – support for microSD card

You're right, people have trouble with 6 GB but 4 GB seems to work. I use a 4 GB card with my curve and it works fine.

PIN/ID
    GA

Thanks.
    You use 4gb without any trick?

X

no problem whatsoever. just remember to format it in your phone -- I believe it's options - memory card -- hit menu and choose format. and if you want to drag and drop on to the card, make sure mass storage is on. I have my bb set up so that it asks me if I want mass storage everytime I hook my bb up to my computer.

PIN/ID
    GA

Thanks again cyberspastic.
    What OS version do you have?

I don't know off the top of my head - it's 4.2 with service pack 2 - the latest from ATT. Also I have an 8300.

rws70 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an ATT 8310 and bought a SanDisk 6GB microsd card.

First I connected it to my computer with the adapter that came with the microsd card and it showed up as a 6 gig drive. I created a folder on it called Blackberry and subfolder called Video and moved a video into it. It was FAST moving the file onto the card MUCH faster than the old 2GB gig card I have.

Then I put the card in the blackberry and was able to play the video.

Then I hooked up the blackberry to the computer (xp sp2) and tried to view the drive. It said I had to format to view the drive, I stupidly said yes and it formatted my drive down to 1.6 gigs. Then I couldn't undo the mistake until I found a utility at ww w sdcard dot org / downloads and used the sdfv2000 utility to erase everything on the card and reformat it ... what a relief! Thought I had hosed it.

Conclusion:
    So I can use the Sandisk adapter to read and add files to the card from my computer. And the blackberry works fine when the card is inserted and it recognizes the size of the card. BUT you cannot add/remove files to the card while it is in the blackberry via the USB cord. You have to take it out and do that with the SanDisk adapter.

Bit of a pain ... I am still researching it. Just wanted to get my current experience on the record.

Cheers

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Using a 4gb with zero problems right now. Had it for several months and no problems at all.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

I have a 8310 and a 4GB memory card but I didn't format it yet and don't seem to be having a problem. Although I don't have much on it yet I plan on loading a bunch of my music on it soon, will I have a problem since it isn't formatted even though all is working now?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

It depends, do you have the folders is creates on the sd when formatting? You should have a blackberry folder, then inside that, others like pictures, video...if you have them you should be fine, if not you could format the card in the BB or create the folders yourself. Either way to have the BB use the card as intended you need the directory structure in place.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yeah I have the Blackberry folder with the Music Video Ringtone and Picture folders in it. So I'm guessing I'll be fine.

Thanks.