Just recently (yesterday) received my BB Curve from Amazon and I believe I received a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

smurray no está en línea Stack level 1

Exchanging my Curve through Amazon

Advertisement

Just recently (yesterday) received my BB Curve from Amazon and I believe I received a defective unit. Not only is the build quality less than other units I've seen (loose right side, noticeable "creak" when typing), but I've also had the phone lock up/crash on me half a dozen times in the past 24 hours. Anyway, I'm going through the process of having it exchanged through Amazon, and my question is kind of two fold. First, has anyone ever exchanged a phone through Amazon, and if so what exactly is the procedure. I'm assuming I'm going to have to ship them the phone before they'll ship me a replacement, just wondering how long of a turnaround it will be. Also, once I do receive a replacement, how much of a pain will it be to setup? I thought I read somewhere that when you receive a new BB you have to redo everything because of the uniqure PIN or something like that. Sorry if I'm way off base, this is my first BB so I really have no idea what I'm talking about. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm basically just looking for reassurance that it's not going to be a total pain in the butt to get this taken care of.

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Exchanging my Curve through Amazon

Hi Smurray,

I don't happen to know the Amazon procedures, are you using your BB with your company or personal email? If you have to send the BB to them first. Make sure you backup your BB first. This wil save most of the settings of your BB. If you attach to a corporate email (BES) you will ahve to re-activate the email with your IT Dept. help. If it is the Personal email (BIS) you will need to re do that one as well.

The backup will save things like BBM contacts, additional programs you have installed, Password Keeper data, etc.

Hope this helps.

smurray no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Exchanging my Curve through Amazon

Just got a reply from Amazon. They're overnighting a replacement to me and I'm going to have to send back this once I get the new one. The bb is purely for personal use so I only am using BIS. Am I going to have to register a new username and everything? Also am I going to have to contact AT&T to let them know I have a new phone or will I just need to transfer the sim over? Once again, sorry if these are dumb questions but I'm new to the world of blackberrys and gsm.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~