Sorry if i didn't find this topic previously discussed. My problem is how to transfer ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chopperhead no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

excel and access reader

Advertisement

Sorry if i didn't find this topic previously discussed. My problem is how to transfer and read or even edit my excel and microsoft access file in my 8320. My loaded docs to go does not include these types of files. Pls help. Actually what I want is for my 8320 be an extension of my desktop. Thanks
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperhead View Post
    Sorry if i didn't find this topic previously discussed. My problem is how to transfer and read or even edit my excel and microsoft access file in my 8320. My loaded docs to go does not include these types of files. Pls help. Actually what I want is for my 8320 be an extension of my desktop. Thanks
    Does this mean your docs to go has only word and powerpoint clients? If so, go to your docs to go and look for update or upgrade. You will get excel client. You may upgrade and use the trial option, which means if you eventually decide not to buy the license, you can always revert to standard version, but you will have your excel client. Another option is to upgrade your device OS-newer ones come with full standard docs to go. This method is not recommended if you have other licensed third part apps on your device, or if you are happy with the way your device works now.

PIN/ID
    Thanks buddy. Will do as suggested. May not want to upgrade device OS at this time until really necessary coz am comfortable right now. Let you know what haPpens.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Thanks buddy. Will do as suggested. May not want to upgrade device OS at this time until really necessary coz am comfortable right now. Let you know what haPpens.
    Do please let me know. However, I can assure you that you will be happy. Done this on my older devices (8700 and 8100)

PIN/ID
    yup just updated and now excel appeared on my docs to go. thanks

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    yup just updated and now excel appeared on my docs to go. thanks

PIN/ID
    Though I now have excel transferred files are garbled when viewed in bb. It appears I don't have excel converter? Is that it? Thanks

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    They'll be a little garbled depending on the code type (eg ansi or unicode) but most will appear good. You can edit in standard just not create a new one.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    A work around to create new ones in standard is to send yourself a saved blank word doc and a saved blank excel sheet. You can then save them to your media card and "edit" them from a blank file into a new created file. Just use "save as" when you're done "editing" the file. Always keep those original blank copies on your media card for quick access to edit/create new word or excel files. Hopes this makes sense.

After saying all of that, I'm yet to actually create a new word or excel sheet on my BB. I have only ever updated files from the BB myself.

PIN/ID
    Thanks good buddies. It did work. I guess though that having xml converter is better.