How do I turn it off? It must have something to do with the auto-correct ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DrSmile no está en línea Stack level 1

"ES" top right hand corner when texting / typing

Advertisement

How do I turn it off? It must have something to do with the auto-correct because now it doesn't correct words anymore.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    This is going to sound funny, but is it typing in Spanish? You'll see this when you have multiple languages installed, even if it's English US and UK. The solution is usually to just remove all other languages from the BB. Setup > Setup Wizard > Localization. While that will usually fix the problem, I have seen where it won't and the two options are to wipe the device or do a selective restore from a recent backup. You can also remove other languages through DM from Add/Remove Applications. This is unless you need two languages on there, which case there's nothing you can do. The other feature you mentioned, AutoText, can be enabled/disabled through Options > Autotext.
    Last edited by MStrawder; 07-05-2009 at 01:18 PM.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

DrSmile no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yep, the input language under Options > Language was set to Spanish. All fixed thank you!

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    oh wowww, I had the same exact problem a few months ago. Only with a much more complex solution.
    Titanium 8900
    PIN: 24AA7EFA

Past Devices:
    8100, 8800, 8320