Help - I get short video clips sent to me from work and they have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

squatritomj no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Errors when receiving video clips

Advertisement

Help - I get short video clips sent to me from work and they have a ".3g2" extension. I have tried to have them sent via MMS and when doing this I get a message on the Blackberry stating "One or more of the message components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your terminal". The file size is 162KB - according to ATT they told me the max file size is 300KB. They couldn't tell me if this was a supported file format BUT stated that the size was the problem, they told me to send it via email. I told them that it was smaller than the max that they just told me and he said that it was still to large. I attempted to send this via email and I get the email and it lists [1 attachment] and under that it shows "application:filename.3g2 162KB) but there is nothing I can do to open it (it's like it's not there). Has anyone had this happen to them or know the fix for it. I even had the system change to a .3gp format before being sent with the same error being found.
    According to the RIM site .3gp is a supported format and .3g2 works but it is unsupported.
    Any Help Would be Appreciated.
    Thanks

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Errors when receiving video clips

Do you absaiivley posilutly need to have these on your phone. There's a way to fix the files via email and your PC. But if you can view them on your PC what the point, unless you want them on your phone right?

Honestly I need them on the Blackberry - I work in a Corporate Data Center for a Healhcare Provider and these short videos show show the security feeds around the Data Center along with video clips of server performance. I had NO problem with them on a Windows Smart Phone either through email or MMS but the Blackberry is a different story. I really would like to keep the Curve but if it doesn't do what I need I may have to switch back. Are you saying you know a fix that will work with MMS and Email for these file extensions?

PIN/ID
    n/a

There's a application that can be downloaded in the stacks called Blackberry Video Converter that can change videos or encode them to play on your Blackberry. A better one though would be the Magic Bit 3GP Converter which you can Google, I think it costs money though. Only problem is that these are apps for your PC, so you'd have to get them emailed to a non-blackberry account, access them vis PC, save them adn run them through the converter. Hastle huh?

I did try to convert the file to .3gp which is compatible per the RIM Blackberry Site but I still get the error message - it doesn't matter if I sent the .3gp file through email or via MMS - I still get the dreaded error message. I'm beginning to wonder if the Blackberry is broke.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Are they being sent from a phone or PC?

Test
    Last edited by Justyn; 09-16-2007 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged.

I tried to send the MMS from a Motorola Q Smartphone the I tried to send one via email from a PC and neither worked - I get the same error I listed on the origial post. One big difference I see is when I send it via the Motorola it takes forever for it to show up on the Blackberry (yet SMS messages and email show up almost immeadiately). I just tried it again and hasn't showed up yet (it's been about 15 minutes).