Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I installed the new DM 4.6.0.14 two days ago and upgraded my Curve to 4.5.0.81 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Nels no está en línea Stack level 2

Error Backing Up Database(s)

Advertisement

I installed the new DM 4.6.0.14 two days ago and upgraded my Curve to 4.5.0.81 (both from T-Mobile) once that was done. The upgrade seemed to go fine and I had no problems getting the Curve up and running again. The sychronization works perfrectly.

But when I tried to backup the Curve today I got this error message "Error Backing Up Database(s)" and the backup stopped.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes. Make a note of the database it is attempting to back up when you get the error message. My guess is it the Browser Cache DB. Regardless, you can use the DM to clear that out.

In the Backup and Restore function, choose Advanced. Once it loads up your device OS, you can scroll down to the DB in question, highlight and select Clear.

Make sure it's something as non-important as that before you clearing it out, however! Could very well be something other than the Browser Cache that is corrupt.

Hope this helps!

Roger

You can also "selectively" back up your device in a similar fashion using the Advanced feature. Simply select all the DB's with the exception of the one giving you trouble and create your backup that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You can also "selectively" back up your device in a similar fashion using the Advanced feature. Simply select all the DB's with the exception of the one giving you trouble and create your backup that way.
    Thanks I'll give that a try.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I have run into this problem before, when I installed a new OS. I did the same exact steps as what RoGro stated, and it works! It would usually stop at Calendar, and then error out.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Thanks I'll give that a try.

The backup is stopping when doing the Profiles. I'm wondering if I can just clear the Profiles and set them up again.

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have just upgraded from Curve to Bold on AT&T. DTM v.4.6.0.13 installed from disk on desktop and laptop. First back-up worked on each. Next backup on each machine returned the error message - stopped backing up at "profiles" in both cases. I m on BES.

When I go to advanced at DTM backup and restore it "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes that unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.

Is there another way to deal with the backup error ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jfreeman3 View Post
    I have just upgraded from Curve to Bold on AT&T. DTM v.4.6.0.13 installed from disk on desktop and laptop. First back-up worked on each. Next backup on each machine returned the error message - stopped backing up at "profiles" in both cases. I m on BES.

When I go to advanced at DTM backup and restore it "profiles" is grayed out and the DTM screen notes that unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.

Is there another way to deal with the backup error ?

Thanks
    This is becoming a more and more of an issue and an e-mail has been sent to RIM by another Stacker (thanks Berryaddict!).

Next time you do a backup, go into the Advanced function. Once the list of DBs loads on the righthand side, scroll down to the Profiles database, highlight it and then press the Clear button. You're going to lose any modifications you've done to the Profiles, but there's obviously some corruption in there preventing it from successfully archiving, so a little pain is worth a lot of gain here!

jfreeman3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks RoGro.

This will not work in my case. as I noted, When I go to Advanced at DTM >Backup and Restore "profiles" is grayed out and is unavailable. The DTM screen notes that unavailable databases have been configured for wireless synchronization, are read only and cannot be restored or cleared.
    Last edited by jfreeman3; 11-06-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Armature no está en línea Stack level 1

Me, too....

I'm having the same problem. However, the backup never seems to error out on the same database. I've tried clearing some that seem to have stopped it, only to have it error out on something else next time.

I've also tried without clearing anything, and it still errors out on something different. It used to be I could back up using "advanced" and selecting everything, but even that has quit working.

I'm using DM version 4.6 and device OS 4.5.0.81.

?????

MyPearl no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have been having this problem for more than 6 months. DM does not like to backup my profiles. It is something to do with applications we are installing that alter the profile so you can control them from your main profiles. I am thinking one of these:

Beejive IM
    Simulsays Simulink voice mail
    Facebook

anyone has any of them installed and is experiencing the profiles issue?

wcbratton no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    312AE7B1
    I have had my 8330 for 6mos & have done a backup every weekend.

Now all of a sudden this is happening to me. It stops at profiles when I get the error. When I go into advanced profiles is greyed out so I cannot choose to clear it & not back it up.

Has any found a solution to this?

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I just got my Bold a few days ago and I am trying to do a backup on it now that I have everything set up. It's stopping at Address Book Options. I'm afraid to clear this one. I have already had to do Tasks, And Quick Contacts.

Any advice on this? Please?

edit>> I went ahead and cleared the Address Book options but it keeps failing at this same point.

Edit 2>> I searched for berryaddict's post on this and found the answer to my problem. I opened the browser, Menu, Options and Cache configuration. I simply cleared the cache and viola' mt back up worked. I guess I should have searched everything before posting but when a girl is panicking about her precious BB.. logic is out the door.
    Last edited by Morgase; 03-18-2009 at 12:48 AM.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

boricua no está en línea Stack level 3
    Clear out everything in cache operations. Open the browser > click otions > click cache operations and clear everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast