Hello, I've run into my first big snag on the Blackberry Curve, (two days in, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Error on 8300 Makes BB Browser Inoperable: WAP Gateway

Advertisement

Hello,

I've run into my first big snag on the Blackberry Curve, (two days in, not too bad.)

My Blackberry Browser no longer works. When I choose it the application screen is shown and when it gets to the "Securing..." step the following error is displayed:

"An error has occurred while connecting with the WAP Gateway. Error Details: net.rim.device.cldc.io.waphttp.WAPIOException"
    Then: Error Code: 51 or Error Code 20.
    This is really weird because Opera Mini still works fine. I've tried rebooting and a battery pull, neither have corrected the problem.

I can only find a single other instance of this error, but no fix. I'm not sure what the error means, but could I just reinstall the BB browser? Is this as simple as deleting it under advanced application options? If so, where can I download a replacement? (I couldn't find it on BB's website)

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Error on 8300 Makes BB Browser Inoperable: WAP Gateway

Check to see if your Service Book is still there. Options/Advanced Options/Service Book. Look for the BlackBerry Internet Browsing Service and the one for what ever your Service Provider calls their Wap Browser.

Try Logging into your BIS account and re-send your service books.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Tha Big MP no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Error on 8300 Makes BB Browser Inoperable: WAP Gateway

Did this work for you jetsetter? I'm having the same problem. I resent Service Books, did a battery pull and nothing seems to work. I'm planning on installing the Optus OS this weekend. Maybe that will do the trick.

Anyone else have any ideas?