Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by raton Do you have the zip file for it? I'm not looking ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Do you have the zip file for it? I'm not looking to becoming a member of crackberry.
    PM me an e-mail address

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Raton, where are you at? You said you got to the apps screen? What have you done since?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm so lost . I got the phone to connect without the battery and I got a big battery signal crossed by doing so. I then hit application loader and then it showed up blank. I tried to do a restore but the option was grayed out . I dunno what else to do except to try to do that crackutil thing if it's gonna save me from losing all my contacts if not last resort will be wipe
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

I thought you said you got to the applications screen by running the Loader executable? If so, you should have been able to move forward from there.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I was at the apps screen but it was blank using that trick without the battery in my device

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    DUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE!!!! your advise with the crackutil did it. OMG I wish I could give you a BIZZZZZILLLION trust points

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm back guys !!!!!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! everything's there. My contacts and even messages that weren't there while I was having trouble with that white screen of death. omg! Thank you all so much. <----happiest guy. You made my day. I think I still have time to go running. Thanks a Gazzillion guys

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    So, for future reference guys. Whomever runs into this sort of problem with a theme just use that app find it using crackutil and remove from device and wham back to sanity

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Okay mods. Please close this thread for me if you may. Issue was resolved using Crackutil . Thanks to all that helped me bring my bb back from death. I'm going for a run . Later all.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks rednighthawk
    for future ref, the link to the crackutil can be found here

i've never used it, hope i never have to

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Saved for future reference! Great info. This is bound to come up again for sure.

Nice Red! Thanks for the help!

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    DUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDE!!!! your advise with the crackutil did it. OMG I wish I could give you a BIZZZZZILLLION trust points

Wow that's good to hear. I really hope mines goes as well as yours did. I will let you know. And thanks RedNightHawk for posting about the CrackIT prog. I will give this a go.

Just be careful, T. Utilities like this can be very dangerous if you remove something you're not supposed to!

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Raton, glad to hear it worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Just be careful, T. Utilities like this can be very dangerous if you remove something you're not supposed to!
    Quite true. I should've mentioned in my first post that it would be a good idea to either get a zip of the theme, or use the computer Over-The-Air downloader program with a jad to find out what all COD's are installed with the theme. Then you can make sure to delete only those, AND to delete ALL of those - you don't want any orphaned COD's left on the device (I think DM would get rid of them as unrecognized modules the next time you used apploader anyway, but I'm not sure about that).

I also want to mention Roger and Gary had good advice and if this doesn't work, go with what they were suggesting.

The first time I had a 205 error was shortly after I'd installed the CrackUtil program and I decided to try it since I had some fresh data I didn't want to risk losing. It worked quick and easily so I thought I'd suggest it here.

CrackUtil itself is just a Graphical User Interface for the javaloader program (if you have JL_Cmder on your computer you have javaloader), and if you're comfortable with command line instructions you can just use the info from the link Cheri provided to delete the theme COD's.

I'll update my original post to include some of this info...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast